Missing Games on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, i cannot find solitare, freecell, spider, and all the others.  I tried to follow your previous instructions but when i go to control panel Programs - Features ON or OFF, my check box is ON, but the games aren't there, what can i do? Thanks, Patricia
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Monday, August 30, 2010 9:19 PM Move to appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Setup)
    Monday, August 30, 2010 8:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Though the check box is selected, please uncheck the box, restart the machine, go back to “Turn Windows Features on or off” , re-check the box for Games and restart the machine.

Otherwise, please put in a Windows 7 installation disc to perform an In-place Upgrade. In-place Upgrade is a special upgrade process to repair the system. In-place Upgrade will not affect settings like photos, movies, documents, etc. that are saved on the computer. Moreover, In-place upgrade doesn’t require activation again.

1)    Perform a clean boot in the current operating system.

2)    Insert the Windows 7 Installation Disc to your DVD-ROM drive. If AutoPlay pops up, click “Run setup.exe” directly.

3)    Click “Install now” on the “Install Windows” screen.

4)    In the “Get important updates for installation” screen, it is recommended to select the first option to download latest updates for installation, if Internet access is available.

5)    Check the box “I accept the license terms” to agree with the installation license and click “Next”.

6)    In the “Which type of installation do you want?” screen, click “Upgrade” to perform the In-Place upgrade.

7)    Then, follow the wizard to finish the In-place Upgrade process.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, September 6, 2010 1:08 AM
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 4:55 AM

All replies

• Hi HPG60,

Games appears at the top of the list. Games are included in all versions of Windows 7. If you have a company issued computer, they have configured it without games. No play, work only ;-)

Is this a personal computer, retail? A self-installed version of Windows? A company issued computer?

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:20 AM
  • When you type somthing like "spider" after hitting the 'start orb' do you have a result?
    Don't forget about Alt+Esc!
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 1:43 PM
  • Hi,

Though the check box is selected, please uncheck the box, restart the machine, go back to “Turn Windows Features on or off” , re-check the box for Games and restart the machine.

Otherwise, please put in a Windows 7 installation disc to perform an In-place Upgrade. In-place Upgrade is a special upgrade process to repair the system. In-place Upgrade will not affect settings like photos, movies, documents, etc. that are saved on the computer. Moreover, In-place upgrade doesn’t require activation again.

1)    Perform a clean boot in the current operating system.

2)    Insert the Windows 7 Installation Disc to your DVD-ROM drive. If AutoPlay pops up, click “Run setup.exe” directly.

3)    Click “Install now” on the “Install Windows” screen.

4)    In the “Get important updates for installation” screen, it is recommended to select the first option to download latest updates for installation, if Internet access is available.

5)    Check the box “I accept the license terms” to agree with the installation license and click “Next”.

6)    In the “Which type of installation do you want?” screen, click “Upgrade” to perform the In-Place upgrade.

7)    Then, follow the wizard to finish the In-place Upgrade process.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, September 6, 2010 1:08 AM
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 4:55 AM
  • Hi,

I created a post with screenshots that may be helpful in getting the games to show up in Windows 7,

http://mikemstech.blogspot.com/2011/11/how-to-install-games-that-come-with.html

-- Mike Burr
    Technology
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:22 PM