none
Open BHOLD Self Service with account from other domain raises in access denied RRS feed

• Question

• I have configured FIM 2010 R2, so that users from another domain can access FIM Portal.

But, when I open BHOLD Self Service, I get an access denied error.

There is a one-way trust relation available between the domain in which FIM Portal resides and the foreign Active Directory domain. The ADMA works properly and in FIM Portal all users has been synchronized. Otherwise I was not able to logon with a user from the other domain.

Who can help me?

best regards, Koos Nienhuis

Thursday, October 11, 2012 3:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am facing a similar problem. In my case, even users from the same domain getting Access Denied error.

User successfully authenticated with AD and got access to FIM portal but the BHOLD Self Service link throwing error.

Is it something to do with the BHOLD permission? Or it is something to do with the MPR?

In fact I have assigned 'Bhold SelfService Access' permission to this particular user.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Aneesh

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:57 PM
  • We likewise had a couple of problems after installation of the the BHOLD FIM Integration module. Hereamong, the "Access denied" error for a user that should have accessed. We found that the issue we experienced was caused by Sharepoint that restricted the user from access of the Silverlight module. The fix was to enter the domain user group as Team Site Members in the FIM Portal sharepoint settings.

The steps are:

1. Login to FIM Portal as a Sharepoint administrator and navigate over the name in the upper right corner of the FIM Portal (e.g. [domain]\[user]) and click “My Settings” (Alternative you can just enter the URL to the Sharepoint configuration in the browser (e.g. http://[SERVER]/SitePages/Home.aspx)).

2. Click Site Actions and choose “Site Permissions”

3. Select “Team Site Members” and click “New”.

4. Enter the group which shall be added. Could be a users group where all FIM users are members.

5. Now the User (and all other members of the user group) should have access to the BHOLD Self Service within the FIM Portal.

Try these steps. It might be the very same issues we were facing.

best regards
    Søren Aamand

Friday, November 16, 2012 12:06 PM
  • Hi Aamand,

Thanks for your help. Suggested solution did work!

I think Microsoft needs to update the current BHOLD installation documentation and need to incorporate this extra configuration.

Thanks again.

Aneesh

Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:45 PM
  • Thanks for this, I was facing the same issue yesterday.
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:09 AM