none
Adding a Task to Prior Timesheets RRS feed

• Question

• I have a resource who needs to move hours from one task to another for weeks in Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec.

This resource is assigned to the task to which the hours need to be moved to. 

The start date of the task is set to 9/3/13.

Although the timesheets can be recalled and the task manually added, the task is not showing up automatically.  Why?

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Dennykat,

• First ensure that the assignment is done on the correct periods,
    • Then ensure that the "publish" field on Project Pro for the assignment is set to "yes",
    • Then ensure that the "booking type" of the assignment is set to "committed" value,
    • Then ensure that the assignment owner value is correctly set to the resource name,
    • Ensure that the project is correctly published with no error message in the queue,
    • Check in the resource assignment (from resource center) that you can see the assignment
    • In case it still doesn't show up, change in MS Project Pro the assignment owner value (for any other team member), publish the project, set back the assignment owner to the resource himself then publish again.

Finally in the recalled timesheet, click on insert a task and go to find the appropriate task (as you already did it as far as I understood).

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:25 PM
  • I think I found the issue but do not know how to correct it.  The task Start Date in PWA is showing as 1/7/14.  I'm not sure where this date is coming from.  On the project plan in Project Pro and PWA the start date is showing as 9/3/13 
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:39 PM
  • Hi Dennykat,

It seems that the timesheet is not sync with your project plan, most likely because of the plan has not been published.

Please go through the steps I indicate in my answer above to ensure the assignment in the project plan is correctly reflected in the timesheet. Step 0 being of course publishing correctly the project plan.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:44 PM
  • With regards to your last statement in your first reply, "Finally in the recalled timesheet, click on insert a task and go to find the appropriate task."<o:p></o:p>

I did this for the first timesheet that needs to be updated, week of 9/1.  I thought the task would then appear in all subsequent timesheets.  Now I am wondering if I need to manually insert the task into each week that needs to be updated.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:53 PM
  • As far as I remember, it will be added for the active timesheet period, this it would mean that you'll have to add it for each subsequent period. But it has to be tested.

That's why I would recommend to solve the issue instead of using this workaround.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:00 PM
  • Thank you for your help.  I have verified everything so I will now try changing the Assignment Owner value for another team member, publishing, chanign it back and publishing again.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:16 PM
  • Good! Let us know if it's working?

Then if it is not, you could delete the assignment (if there is no actual on it by the resource) and create it again from scratch.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:33 PM