none
Active Directory Site For Maintenance

Question

• Hello

Current Our AD have one site is Default-First-Site-Name and don't have any subnet assign to it

Now Can I create more one Site  is Maintenance-Site  ? because If one Server AD have network or Hardware maintenance then I can move this server to Maintenance-Site and create subnet ip/32 ip this server ? then all client will login Server in Default-First-Site-Name  normal and can not login to server in Maintenance-Site ?

And  Default-First-Site-Name will no need assign subnet ? do you need create site link for two site ?

please you suggest help me

Thanks

Friday, April 21, 2017 1:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Ngo,

>>Now Can I create more one Site  is Maintenance-Site  

Of course, you could create sites as many as you can.

>>hen all client will login Server in Default-First-Site-Name  normal and can not login to server in Maintenance-Site 

Giving these clients the correct DNS settings, so that the DC Locator will works correctly.<correct SRV record in DNS servers>

>>? do you need create site link for two site ?

Use the default site link, i suppose that's enough.

If you have more doubts, welcome to post here.

Useful Link:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2015/03/03/step-by-step-setting-up-active-directory-sites-subnets-site-links/

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Andy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 21, 2017 3:25 AM
  • Create 2 sites, one for production and one for maintenance, assign all subnets to production site, when a maintenance is require then assign the server ip/32 to maintenance site to avoid impact

http://www.windowstricks.in/2009/06/find-site-name-for-given-subnet-in-ad.html

http://www.windowstricks.in/2009/06/command-to-find-all-subnets-for-given.html

Regards,
    Ganesamoorthy.S
    www.windowstricks.in)

Friday, April 21, 2017 5:23 AM
  • Hello

Current Our AD have one site is Default-First-Site-Name and don't have any subnet assign to it

Now Can I create more one Site  is Maintenance-Site  ? because If one Server AD have network or Hardware maintenance then I can move this server to Maintenance-Site and create subnet ip/32 ip this server ? then all client will login Server in Default-First-Site-Name  normal and can not login to server in Maintenance-Site ?

And  Default-First-Site-Name will no need assign subnet ? do you need create site link for two site ?

please you suggest help me

Thanks

Hi

You can able to create site's as much as you need.Also you should known,you should assign correct subnet to related site,then the clients logon to correct DC.

Also if a client could not logon to a DC on a site,then try to authenticate the closet DC by the default.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Friday, April 21, 2017 6:21 AM
  • Hello ,

I still query below , please help me .Thanks

1. For example , we have two site .1 is Default-First-Site-Name  and 1 is Maintenance-Site and not assign any subnet to two site . User can login to any Server in two Site  ?

2. For example , we have two site .

Default-First-Site-Name 

-DC Server 01

-DC Server 02

and 1 is Maintenance-Site

-DC Server 03 (ip server 192.168.4.3/32 )

Create 1 subnet 192.168.4.3/32 (this ip of DC 03) assign to Maintenance-Site and Default-First-Site-Name  do not have subnet

client (any subnet ) can login to Server in Default-First-Site-Name  and not login to Maintenance-Site ?

when DC server 01 , 02 failure then Client can login to DC server 03 ?

Friday, April 21, 2017 3:07 PM
  • Create 1 subnet 192.168.4.3/32 (this ip of DC 03) assign to Maintenance-Site and Default-First-Site-Name  do not have subnet>>>> Then all clients belong this subnet logon from DC3.

client (any subnet ) can login to Server in Default-First-Site-Name  and not login to Maintenance-Site ? >>> If you should not assign subnet to maintenance site so none of client authenticate from DC3.

when DC server 01 , 02 failure then Client can login to DC server 03 ? >>> As already mentioned when a DC become unavaible then clients logon from closet site DC.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Friday, April 21, 2017 7:04 PM
  • hi

Create 1 subnet 192.168.4.3/32 (this ip of DC 03) assign to Maintenance-Site and Default-First-Site-Name  do not have subnet>>>> Then all clients belong this subnet logon from DC3.

--> Current if Default-First-Site-Name  not assign any subnet then it mean all subnet not belong any subnet of another site then will login to server in Default-First-Site-Name   ?

Saturday, April 22, 2017 9:05 AM
  • If you don't assign any subnet by default all clients belongs to default-first-site-name...

Saturday, April 22, 2017 3:30 PM