none
Windows Apps security Groups and Users Accounts UnKnown RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I notice 3 Account Unknown User/Group In all apps properties/security. No way to remove these accounts. No other Windows program has these accounts. Only the Microsoft.Windows apps (WindowsApps).

Is there a way to remove these Accounts?

task manager /processes / Windows Store properties / security
    • Edited by Teddy1162 Monday, March 21, 2016 11:56 PM
    Monday, March 21, 2016 11:46 PM

Answers

• Hi! Kate Li

Thanks I got into the WindowsApps folder and removed all unknown accounts one at a time. Then successfully ran,

cmd: C:\Program Files>icacls WindowsApps /T /Q /C /RESET

Successfully processed 13959 files; Failed processing 0 files.

So its killing me why these accounts where not removed when the old local admin user account was delete?

Was there an easier way to remove each account from the each app folder? Instead of one by one. I surely do not want to go through (threw) that again.

I will not forget to mark your post Answered.

• Marked as answer by Teddy1162 Wednesday, April 13, 2016 1:40 PM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2016 9:15 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

Do you mean the account like this? 

To remove such account, just click Edit, then Highlight the account and press Remove. 

If we still fail to do so, we can run commands below to reset permission: 

cd /d C:\Program Files
    icacls WindowsApps /T /Q /C /RESET

For detailed information about this command, you can refer to: 
    Icacls
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753525.aspx 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 10:56 AM
    Owner
  • Hi!

Thank you for the reply, My admins account is not allowed into that folder. I get to the apps by task manager/app/properties.

cmd: Successfully processed 4865 files; Failed processing 9098 files

no access to C:\Program Files/WindowsApps

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 12:35 PM
  • Hi, 

Please first take ownership of this folder for your Admin account, then try my previous suggestions again. 

https://www.maketecheasier.com/access-windowsapps-folder-windows-10/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 5:44 AM
    Owner
  • Hi! Kate Li

Thanks I got into the WindowsApps folder and removed all unknown accounts one at a time. Then successfully ran,

cmd: C:\Program Files>icacls WindowsApps /T /Q /C /RESET

Successfully processed 13959 files; Failed processing 0 files.

So its killing me why these accounts where not removed when the old local admin user account was delete?

Was there an easier way to remove each account from the each app folder? Instead of one by one. I surely do not want to go through (threw) that again.

I will not forget to mark your post Answered.

• Marked as answer by Teddy1162 Wednesday, April 13, 2016 1:40 PM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2016 9:15 PM
  • Hi,

It seems that we need to manually to do so and thedeleted account fail to remove or updated in folder orfile security settings, but show as unknown account.

Thursday, April 7, 2016 3:30 AM
    Owner
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 3:13 AM
    Owner