cannot be added to Forefront users list for exchange because account exists RRS feed

• Question

• We had accounts in BPOS and then 365 but now subscribe to Forefront protection for exchange.  I can add everyone except my own account and my helpdesk support person.  I get the message email account already exists.  So i cannot add my own account or his to the administrators list of my company.  I am using a staff member as admin account until I can find resolution.
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 10:58 PM

All replies

• By default, accounts that are created in Office 365 and added to the Global Administrators, Organization Management, or View-Only Organization Management groups are replicated to the FOPE Administration Center as single-sign-on (SSO) accounts instead of as standard FOPE user accounts. This behavior prevents Office 365 administrator accounts from accessing the FOPE quarantine portal because the user accounts are not listed under the associated domain in your company. Because they do exist as SSO accounts, they cannot be added as standard FOPE user accounts.

There is a work around through which the admin account can be added to FOPE.

• Log into the O365 admin portal with the primary Global admin account and create a new user with global admin permission or assign a normal user with global admin permission->log out.
    • Log into the O365 portal with the newly created global admin account(secondary)  and remove the global admin permission of the accounts(primary) for which access to quarantine mailbox is required.
    • Under the Admin overview page->exchange online->manage->this will open ECP
    • Click on Mail control->than click on the Fore front link on the Right pane.
    • In the fore front portal->click on administration->users->add new user->add the email address of the user(primary global admin’s) and save.
    • Open the user settings->Permissions->Administrator.

Thanks,

Aarthy.

Friday, June 15, 2012 10:59 PM
  • Use this URL: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2587698

it will answer your query 

Sunday, July 8, 2012 11:31 PM