windows Steady state ver. 2.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I have installed xp pro sp3 on a machine along with IE 8 and also office 2007 with all the updates. I downloaded Windows Steady state version 2.5 and set the security for a user. But I noticed that when I would go to IE and check the settings to make sure that they are working. They are not working, is this version 2.5 ready for IE 8 yet, or is this only for IE 7 still? Also, is this steady state 2.5 able to work with microsoft office 2007, I would really like to disable the word options, for example in word 2007, so the user does not have access to change anthing there or access to the macro settings.
    Thanks
    jon
    Monday, August 31, 2009 4:06 PM

Answers

• Thank you for the update, Jon. I'll forward this Microsoft Office Word 2007 related issue to our develop team.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, September 7, 2009 3:18 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 7:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Jon, thanks for the post. I'd like to inform you that based on our users' feedback, some restrictions do not work with Internet Explorer 8. I have forwarded this issue to our devlopment team, hope this can be improved in the next version. Also, Windows SteadyState 2.5 should work with Microsoft Office 2007. You can disable macro menu in Microsoft Office restrictions.

Hope this helps!
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 9:59 AM
  • hi Sean,
    I clicked disable macro menu in Windows Steady State and logged into a user account. I went into Word 2007 and tested to see if I could change the macro settings. If I go to the ribbon in the left hand corner and click on word options, then click on customize, trust center then I still can change the macro settings there. What am I doing wrong?
    thanks
    jon
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 1:18 PM
  • Thank you for the update, Jon. I'll forward this Microsoft Office Word 2007 related issue to our develop team.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, September 7, 2009 3:18 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 7:59 AM