none
Search Custom Managed properties missing

Question

• Added two new properties but neither are available for selection in the content search web part.

One is a image field from the publishing feature rollup image ows_r_img_PublishingRollupImage i assume

the other is a Multi text field.

I've reindexing the list but no option in the web part??

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You could try to search the field name in Manage Search Schema.

If the fields didn’t map to a managed property, you could create a managed property and mapped to this crawl property.

Then, after crawling, you should see your managed property in content search web part.

You could check more details for search schema in below link.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219667.aspx

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 2:33 AM
  • Hi Lee,

I've created a managed property, with the the crawled properties list below kinda went overboard with selecting every variant of comments. 

I've re-indexing both the list and the sites, still not appearing as a property mapping available on the search web part.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 11:29 AM
  • Hi,

In SharePoint Online, content is automatically crawled based on a defined crawl schedule.

For new custom managed property, try to check the settings(Queryable&Retrievable etc.) are correct( you could reference the existing one).

If the settings are fine, try to check that after some time.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, November 18, 2016 10:14 AM
  • Hi Lee,

I've matched the settings forced a recrawl of the site and still not showing in the managed properties

NewsDescription Text - Query Search Retrieve - - Safe ows_r_MTXT_Comments, ows__Comments, Comments
    • Edited by VindaRosa Thursday, November 24, 2016 10:24 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2016 10:17 AM