general question for edge server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I just log to my edge servers to renew internal certificates.  When I run deployment Wizard I notice that there is no check mark near "Setup or Remove Lync Server Components"??? The Lync edge server works as per my best knowledge.  I can chat and talk to federated users. I am not sure is this normal not to see the green check mark on edge servers

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 3:22 PM

Answers

• Hi kototamopeva,

Yes, agree with others.

Generally, after you run the step "Setup or Remove Lync Server Components” it will be a check mark.

After rerun this step, is that the check mark appeared ?

I have encountered this phenomenon during the deployment, but as long as the SFB service is running, you could use SFB as normal.

Hope this helpful to you.

Best regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by kototamopeva Friday, August 12, 2016 4:25 PM
    Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:05 AM

All replies

• Sometimes this happens if a feature has been added to the topology but the step has not been rerun.  It won't hurt your deployment to just rerun it, I'd suggest that.  

I've also seen it just not have that checkbox for no reason I could determine, but when I see it, I rerun step 2 as a rule.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click &quot;Vote &quot; on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click &quot;Mark As Answer&quot;. <a href="http://www.swc.com/solutions/unified-communications">SWC Unified Communications</a> This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 3:34 PM
  • if I rerun it , will it stop the services?  I guess so. Just do not want to make outage now.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 3:46 PM
  • It won't stop services, I've run it in production.  That said, always error on the side of caution and do it off-hours, especially if you're not seeing any real issues.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click &quot;Vote &quot; on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click &quot;Mark As Answer&quot;. <a href="http://www.swc.com/solutions/unified-communications">SWC Unified Communications</a> This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 4:14 PM
  • Agree with Anthony,

Step2 revalidate your topology configuration and make sure the configuration is up to date.  if you find step2 is unchecked you can rerun step2 which will not harm your current setup or break services, it just revalidate the topology config with local config and update the configuration itself.

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:11 AM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:37 PM
  • Hi kototamopeva,

Yes, agree with others.

Generally, after you run the step "Setup or Remove Lync Server Components” it will be a check mark.

After rerun this step, is that the check mark appeared ?

I have encountered this phenomenon during the deployment, but as long as the SFB service is running, you could use SFB as normal.

Hope this helpful to you.

Best regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by kototamopeva Friday, August 12, 2016 4:25 PM
    Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:05 AM