Softe grid 4.2 Hardware Load balancing options. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Good Morning 

We are looking at softgrid 4.2 currently (We have not use it before.) We have Cisco ACE  loadbalancers on site, does any one have any documentation / pointers to the required config?  The Cisco's are look after by our network friends and I know next to nothing about them, however we can not get the applications to stream if we use a Cisco Ace vip.  If we point to either test system directly the application stream fine.  But using the vip we only get the application list / icons to appear after which if you try to load the application if just fails at the launch.  

Any pointer to documentation to read would be excellent.  We are currently not use TLS, but may consider this as my understand is then all the traffic would be locked to one port rather than this high port return.

(I have captured the network traffic from a client and I can see a high level port syn to the Ace VIP which fails to get an Acknoledgement back from the server Even with only one server turned on.  I suspect that the ACE may not be "configured 100 %" but this is new ground to myself and to the network guys.)
    Any advice even RTFM if you say where the right Manual is. would be excellent.

Anthony
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 10:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Anthony,

may KB932017 gives you some hints.
    regards

________
    vkleinerde

Monday, February 23, 2009 7:58 AM
  • Basically, you need to ensure that once a client gets ballanced to a server, additional incoming connections from that client (the RTP ports) are ballanced to the same server.  If I remember right, the magic phrase on Cisco is "Source IP"  affinity.
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 10:19 PM