none
Cannot See a Project in Project Center with Admin Rights RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I come across an odd issue - we have a project that we want to effectively seal off from the rest of the company for a number of reasons, as so we have set the project owner as a dummy account that only certain staff members can access, and have given it an RBS value not used by any other user. I then went in as an admin and manually gave the required permissions to the Project Manager so that he had sufficient control over the project without being listed as the owner.

The odd thing is, I logged in today, and neither I nor the Project Manager can no longer see this project in Project Center. It appears in the Enterprise Objects list, direct links to the Project Schedule and Project Site still work (and I can access them), and the Project Manager can see it in his Project Center. I, however, cannot see it, even though I have full Admin rights.

Is there any way to rectify this? I don't really want to re-make the project site.

Thanks

Alex

Thursday, August 18, 2016 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Alex,

Just a guess.. Have you checked if you don't have any filters in the project center views, in the column headers, or directly in the view definition?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Saturday, August 20, 2016 11:10 AM
  • Hi Guillaume, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately no: no filters in the view, view definition, or on the columns. We're pretty new to Project Online, so almost everything has been left as default.

Thanks

Alex

Thursday, August 25, 2016 7:49 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Quite strange, I'm not aware of such an issue. Since you've full admin rights and still can access both project and site, you should see it in the project center. It has to be related to the view. Can you try with another project center view? Also try to create a new view to see if it helps.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Thursday, August 25, 2016 7:57 AM
  • What permission mode are you using? (sharepoint or project server)

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:19 AM
  • Hi Guillaume

I've created a brand new view, and the project was still not present in the Project Center. The new view was simply a cover all - no filters, no groups, available to all security groups etc.

Due to the nature of the project in question, I've had to delete and re-make the project. Out of interest, I followed the same steps we followed before which caused the project to disappear:

- Existing project plan saved to the PWA (same project plan as well) via local MS Project install

- Project published and checked in within MS Project

- owner changed to a dummy account with a unique RBS value via PWA

- Project Manager manually given full permissions to that project by myself via PWA

Even though the same steps were followed, this recreated plan is visible.

Very odd...

Thanks

Alex

Friday, August 26, 2016 2:48 PM
  • Hi Ben

We're using Project Permissions, so RBS values.

As I've mentioned above, I've had to delete and re-create the project due to the nature of it. However, the recreated project has the same RBS setup as before in terms of Project Owner and manual permissions, but this one is visible, with no other changes made to the PWA or Project Center in the mean time.

Thanks

Alex

Friday, August 26, 2016 2:50 PM
  • Hi Alex,

Sometimes it's way to complex to troublehsoot items, who knows what happened here, but I'm glad you got it working.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Friday, August 26, 2016 3:29 PM