Missing "a:theme" element after download from Word Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have a document created and downloaded from Word Online within the last few days. Now it is placed here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx5CvNGviNcNenV4emJ4bHJYSVE/view?usp=sharing

Look at the first heading "Created using Word...". If I open the document in Word 2013, the font of this heading is Calibri Light. If I open it in Word 2010 or with the earlier versions, it's Cambria. 
    If you look at the layout of the Title style, you can notice that there is a reference to 'majorHAnsi' ascii theme (w:rFonts/@w:asciiTheme), but there isn't a "a:theme" element where this reference can be defined. So Word doesn't receive any information about this style from the document and uses some build-in styles or the other logic. 
    If the logic changes from version to version, in my opinion, it causes problems. An obligatory "a:theme" would solve the problem. 

So could you please give some comments about this issue? Is it a bug or a feature?

And I am also interested in styles that are used in this case in MS Word products. Where can I find information about build-in styles (for example that Word 2013 uses Calibri Light, and Word 2010 - Cambria)?

Thank you.

Regards, Katerina Dolgunicheva
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 11:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Katerina Dolgunicheva,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is for developers discussing developing issues involve Word application. Since the issue is more relative to end-user, I would like to move it to Word IT Pro Discussions forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 7, 2014 8:20 AM
  • As I see it, this question is addressed to Microsoft developers who are responsible for Word Online. This issue is similar to a bug report. But I couldn't find any form for feedback in Word Online or in OneDrive, so I wrote here.
    Friday, November 7, 2014 10:04 AM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, I could reproduce this issue. Thus, I have collected this information, and submit with internal ways. Someone familiar with this topic will further look at this issue.

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Monday, November 10, 2014 3:26 AM