UAG 2010 with Direct Access RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, does anyone know how to see active direct access sessions by username using Monitoring.  I can't seem to remember if this is possible.  Thanks.
    Monday, October 1, 2012 6:22 PM

Answers

• UAG web monitor before SP1 and latest updates didn't have section for DirectAccess.

Update your UAG to the latest version and under Web Monitor there is section for Direct Access that show connected clients

Saturday, October 13, 2012 10:11 PM

All replies

• Hi disco672,

you can use the UAG WebMonitor to see active connections. It also has a filtering function.

TMG Logs&Monitoring also shows active sessions.

Regards

Sebastian

• Proposed as answer by Foxilein Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:41 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:58 PM
  • Web Monitor doesn't work since i'm not using UAG.   Under TMG I can get some information but i'd like to see actual usernames that have active sessions but can't seem to get that query to work. 

Thanks

• Edited by disco672 Friday, October 5, 2012 6:14 PM
    Friday, October 5, 2012 6:13 PM
  • What do you mean by "I'm not using UAG"? The title of this threat reads UAG 2010 with DirectAccess?!

TMG also lists actual usernames. Here are the query-settings to list DirectAccess content:

Regards

Sebastian

Monday, October 8, 2012 7:05 AM
  • Sorry for the confusion Sebastian, I just saw what I posted.  I'll give those a try.  Thanks.

Monday, October 8, 2012 1:13 PM
  • UAG web monitor before SP1 and latest updates didn't have section for DirectAccess.

Update your UAG to the latest version and under Web Monitor there is section for Direct Access that show connected clients

Saturday, October 13, 2012 10:11 PM
  • Unfortunately Web Monitor can only show you active sessions, not historical, but here is the information on using Web Monitor as well as pulling historical data from TMG: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg313783.aspx

And then you can also pull historical data using PowerShell: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg313776.aspx

Monday, October 15, 2012 2:58 PM
  • Looks like I need SP1 and that'll meet my needs. 

Thanks for the replies everyone. 

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Monday, November 5, 2012 7:56 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Erez Benari Monday, November 5, 2012 7:56 PM
    Monday, October 15, 2012 4:21 PM