none
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly RRS feed

• Question

• I am running IE11 on w 8.1, I have all add-ons turned off.  After I am on the internet AND HAVE GONE TO A PICTURE and then clicked off the internet I get a message "A problem caused the program to stop running correctly.  Windows will close the program....".  But I have already closed the program.  It is annoying, and it only happens on one user account.  Is there an easy fix (not very computer savvy)?
    Sunday, May 10, 2015 5:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since you mentioned that it happens “when you gone off the internet”, do you mean that it happens every time you close Internet Explorer?

Let us perform the following troubleshooting methods and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

Method 1: Clear cached data in Internet Explorer

To determine whether a performance issue or an error message is caused by corruption in the temporary Internet files or in other cached information that is used by Internet Explorer, you must clear cached data.

To do this, follow these steps.

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. Click Safety, and then click Delete Browsing History.

3. In Delete Browsing History area, click Delete.

Run Internet Explorer in "No Add-Ons" mode

You can try Internet Explorer without Add-ons. Follow the steps mentioned below.

Method 2

1. Click Start, and then type Internet Explorer in the Start Search box.

2. Click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons). Internet Explorer opens without add-ons, toolbars, or plug-ins.

Method 3

Disable Internet Explorer Hardware Acceleration

Click the gear icon and click on Options

Step Go to the tab Advanced, at the very top, check the option Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering to turn off hardware acceleration.

Method 4

If nothing works in resolving the issue try resetting the Internet Explorer.

You can also try and reset Internet explorer:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Reset IE disclaimer:

Please note that running Reset Internet Explorer Settings will reset all user-defined settings including those set by installed extensions, toolbars and other add-ons to IE Defaults. This includes all Security, Privacy and Zone settings. Also this will clear browsing history, delete all temporary Internet Files, cookies, form data and especially all stored passwords.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 9:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since you mentioned that it happens “when you gone off the internet”, do you mean that it happens every time you close Internet Explorer?

Let us perform the following troubleshooting methods and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

Method 1: Clear cached data in Internet Explorer

To determine whether a performance issue or an error message is caused by corruption in the temporary Internet files or in other cached information that is used by Internet Explorer, you must clear cached data.

To do this, follow these steps.

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. Click Safety, and then click Delete Browsing History.

3. In Delete Browsing History area, click Delete.

You can try Internet Explorer without Add-ons. Follow the steps mentioned below.

Method 2

1. Click Start, and then type Internet Explorer in the Start Search box.

2. Click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons). Internet Explorer opens without add-ons, toolbars, or plug-ins.

Method 3

Disable Internet Explorer Hardware Acceleration

Click the gear icon and click on Options

Step Go to the tab Advanced, at the very top, check the option Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering to turn off hardware acceleration.

Method 4

If nothing works in resolving the issue try resetting the Internet Explorer.

You can also try and reset Internet explorer:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Reset IE disclaimer:

Please note that running Reset Internet Explorer Settings will reset all user-defined settings including those set by installed extensions, toolbars and other add-ons to IE Defaults. This includes all Security, Privacy and Zone settings. Also this will clear browsing history, delete all temporary Internet Files, cookies, form data and especially all stored passwords.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 9:42 AM
  • Thanks Deason- I cleared the browsing history and so far that has solved the problem.  If the problem returns I'll go to your step 2.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 3:20 PM
  • Hi bheller,

Glad to hear that and you are welcome.

Regards,

D. Wu

Thursday, May 14, 2015 12:53 AM