Windows Aero-Windows Flip 3D RRS feed

• Question

• All of a sudden Windows Flip 3d not working; trying to downloaded but i'm not able to find the program for it. What do I do? I bought Windows Vista not to have difficulties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MG
    Friday, January 11, 2008 12:56 PM

All replies

• What is your Vista Edition? Home Basic and Starter Edition haven't Windows Aero and Windows Filp 3D!

If not this reason, It maybe your Display driver have some problems or was destroyed,try to reinstall Display driver, and you can try to refresh WEI(WEI marks must over 2.0 that can turn on Aero).

If the problem is you turned off Aero theme, refresh WEI that will re-turn on

Friday, January 11, 2008 1:57 PM
  • Also, if you allow QuickTime to start up when the PC boots up, it's known to kill Aero and Flip3D.
    Monday, January 14, 2008 4:34 AM
  • If Flip3D has stopped working, the copy-paste the following command in Vista's Start Menu Search bar, and hit Enter. 

rundll32.exe Dwmapi.dll,DwmEnableComposition

This will re-enable Aero (and hence Flip3D) by flushing it. More at Flip3D Tips.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:59 PM
  • I upgraded from home basic to home premium and areo is not working .. . What should I do?

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 6:53 PM
  • You may want to try this...  it worked for me.

1. Right click on desktop
    2. Select Personalize
    3. Click on Window Color and Appearance
      • If you see an option to enable transparency, the next step will not solve your issue and you should pursue another suggestion
      • If you see Appearance settings along with color schemes, select WINDOWS AERO (first scheme) and click apply.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 6:28 AM