received .net framework error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi....

Previously i have ask this kind of questions but no one managed to answers BUT perhaps this time i hope somebody will manage to help me.

When i installed my SQL server 2008 on 32bit server, it's ok. All the .Net Framework can be installed smoothly and i managed to install the database engine and so on

But this time, when i try to install SQL server 2008 on IA64 bit server (where my SQL Cluster Failover will be), i received this .Net Framework error need to be installed.

I read this article :

"If the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installation dialog box appears, select the check box to accept the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 License Agreement. Click Next. To quit SQL Server 2008 installation, click Cancel. When installation of .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is complete, click Finish."

from this website : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms179530.aspx

Based on my understanding and previous experience with another server (which are 32bit), the .Net Framework will be automatically installed without need to be download BUT why in IA64 server, i need to download this .Net Framework version??

Can somebody advice me how to overcome this problem? I'm stuck again and i cant continue with my SQL server failover clustering.....Please help me URGENT.........

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 3:36 AM

Answers

• It was solved by doing like this :

- In the DVD media i browse tru this directory to find the exe package for .Net Framework 3.5

- ia64\redist\DotNetFrameworks\dotNetFx35setup.exe

- I run the
    dotNetFx35setup.exe-----installation done

- Then the installer will automatically prompt me to install certain window update

- Then i need to reboot the server

- After reboot, i continuing to run the setup.exe from dvd media SQL server 2008 and then i finally got the screen "SQL server installation centre"

TQ for this link below :

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqlsetupandupgrade/thread/c8394790-6929-4752-979e-709247221e23/

I guess .Net Framework did not find the path for IA64 machine in order sql server 2008 to run the setup
    • Marked as answer by amirullail Tuesday, December 23, 2008 6:28 AM
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 5:09 AM