Trying to run .bat file using windows installer custom action RRS feed

• Question

• From the desktop of the target machine, C$ to the Mdtserver and running the batch file, the folder gets copied and kicks off the install. Adding the batch to MDT, the folder copies but no-go on the install running. Immediately after the copy, about 3 seconds, I get the white Final Summary screen with zero errors/warnings. Regardless of the syntax - quotes, no quotes, /s, or /S /v/qn, the setup does not run through MDT but does manually running the bat from the target desktop.

Kindly help me.

Friday, May 11, 2018 4:57 AM

All replies

• I would get rid of the batch file entirely and simply use Run Command / xcopy to copy down the folder and a second Run Command to kick off the install process. Is there any particular reason you are using a batch wrapper? These are notoriously difficult to troubleshoot since in this case MDT does not perform error handling and also, depending on the way your batch file is written, it may not even wait for the install to finish...

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Friday, May 11, 2018 6:44 AM