Small Databse for SCCM2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know that SQL Server Express 2012 is not supported with SCCM 2012 R2.
    But I have less then 50 clients to be managed and purchasing SQL License would not be best choice.
    Is there any way to use SQL Server Express with Primary SCCM site?

N.A.Malik

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:10 PM

Answers

• Asked for confirmation to MS support, still waiting for answer.
    Please feel free to share your thoughts if someone has already purchased Intune Subscription.

N.A.Malik

• Marked as answer by N A Malik Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:37 AM
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:40 PM

All replies

• No. Full SQL is absolutely required.

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:11 PM
  • SCCM 2012 includes the SQL license anyway.

For 50 computers do you really need SCCM? WSUS + MDT + GPOs application management isn't enough?

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:24 PM
  • SCCM 2012 includes the SQL license anyway.

For 50 computers do you really need SCCM? WSUS + MDT + GPOs application management isn't enough?,

Need to enable the Mobile Device Management , that's why need config mgr.

By the way, are you sure if I purchase Sccm 2012 R2, I will get SQL free? ... if yes, then no need to think the SQL license, just need to think about the Config Mgr license.

SQL would be enterprise or standard?

N.A.Malik

• Edited by N A Malik Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:29 PM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:27 PM
  • From the previous questions you have posted on the forum I believe that you have the rights to deploy SCMM based on your Intune licenses.

In this case you need to verify that SQL would be free. It is under normal rules but I'm not sure about this one. This is a question for you Microsoft Licensing provider. Please post the answer when you get it.

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:29 PM
  • SQL Standard is included in SCCM 2012 license:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e01e3a9a-efe8-4a69-b69b-519ba24adc9e/sccm-2012-sql-license?forum=configmanagergeneral

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:32 PM
  • From the previous questions you have posted on the forum I believe that you have the rights to deploy SCMM based on your Intune licenses.

In this case you need to verify that SQL would be free. It is under normal rules but I'm not sure about this one. This is a question for you Microsoft Licensing provider. Please post the answer when you get it.

Thanks Gerry for information.

If I understood correctly, If I purchase Intune Subscription then:

1. Get Access to SCCM 2012 R2 (free)
    2. If I have SCCM then I have SQL Server as well (free).

As you mentioned already SCCM 2012 from Intune would be able to mange the mobile devices only ,,,, what would be scope of SQL Server?

N.A.Malik

• Edited by N A Malik Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:35 PM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:32 PM
  • SQL Standard is included in SCCM 2012 license:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e01e3a9a-efe8-4a69-b69b-519ba24adc9e/sccm-2012-sql-license?forum=configmanagergeneral

Is the SQL license included even you have downloaded SCCM 2012 via Intune Subscription?
    In short, If I purchase Intune Subscription then:

SQL 2012 Standard + SCCM 2012 R2 will be free?

N.A.Malik

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:55 PM
  • Asked for confirmation to MS support, still waiting for answer.
    Please feel free to share your thoughts if someone has already purchased Intune Subscription.

N.A.Malik

• Marked as answer by N A Malik Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:37 AM
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:40 PM