SharePoint 2013: the monitoring reports are not working RRS feed

• Question

• Since the deployment of the SharePoint the monitoring reports are not working although I configured it. I setup other 5 Sharepoint 2013 deplpyment without any trouble. All timing of the jobs of different services are scheduled, some of them ran sucessfuly, but I do not find any running job which is not expected. All messages are in the lowest mode (verbose, etc.).

The error messages that I found are:

An extract of the Event Viewer shows:

Log Name:      Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin
    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing
    Date:          20/06/2013 06:12:02
    Event ID:      2
    Task Category: Session
    Level:         Error

Session "SharePointDiagnostics" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing" Guid="{B675EC37-BDB6-4648-BC92-F3FDC74D3CA2}" />
        <EventID>2</EventID>
        <Version>0</Version>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>2</Task>
        <Opcode>12</Opcode>
        <Keywords>0x8000000000000010</Keywords>

When I access the Health Report appears the following message:

"Sorry, something went wrong
    You can only specify the READPAST lock in the READ COMMITTED or REPEATABLE READ isolation levels."

In Administrative Reports there is not any report.

What did I go wrong?

Thank you.

Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner

• Edited by R.Segawa Friday, June 21, 2013 5:59 PM
    Friday, June 21, 2013 5:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

How do you comment out the line WITH (READPAST)? You should comment it out like this:

/** WITH (READPAST)**/

This is a temporary workaround. The A Analysis Services is not necessary when configuring health reporting.

Note: Editing SharePoint databases in a production environment will leave your deployment in an unsupported state, could prevent patches and service packs from working properly. So make a copy of the database so that you can restore the database when a new patches comes.

For more information, please refer to this site:

Problems Viewing Health Reports in SharePoint 2013: http://www.jrjlee.com/2012/11/problems-viewing-health-reports-in.html

Overview of monitoring in SharePoint 2013: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee748636.aspx

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Entan Ming Thursday, July 4, 2013 10:46 AM
    Tuesday, July 2, 2013 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I understand that cannot view the health reports. You need to comment out the WITH(READPAST) in the proc_GetSlowestPages stored procedure. Make sure to make a copy of the database before editing anything.

Breaking the Law – Viewing Health Reports in SharePoint 2013: https://guio-web.sharepoint.com/troy/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=16&mobile=0

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Entan Ming

• Marked as answer by Entan Ming Thursday, June 27, 2013 3:40 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Entan Ming Tuesday, July 2, 2013 2:09 AM
    Saturday, June 22, 2013 10:02 AM
  • Hi Entan,

I followed your suggestion so after I commented the line this block of code dropout from the code:

/** WITH (READPAST)
        WHERE PartitionId in (SELECT PartitionId from dbo.fn_PartitionIdRangeMonthly(@StartTime, @EndTime))
        AND  LogTime BETWEEN @StartTime AND @EndTime
        AND (@WebApplicationId IS NULL OR  WebApplicationId = @WebApplicationId)
        AND (@MachineName IS NULL or MachineName = @MachineName) 
        GROUP BY ServerUrl,SiteUrl,WebUrl,DocumentPath,QueryString
        ORDER BY AVG(duration) DESC
    END

Running the remaining uncommented code returned the following error:

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Procedure proc_GetSlowestPages, Line 24
    Incorrect syntax near 'RequestUsage'.

which is the last command before the commented line.

If I exclude the WITH(READPAST) and END and keep the code between these lines it return the following error:

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Procedure proc_GetSlowestPages, Line 30
    Incorrect syntax near 'DESC'.

which is the last line of code: ORDER BY AVG(duration) DESC

If I keep code untouched and ran locally it ran without any error.

By the way is it necessary to have Analysis Services installed in the SharePoint Server? I am working with two boxes, one for SQL Server 2012 SP1 Standard and one for SharePoint 2013 both with OS WinServer 2008 R2 SP1?  

Thank you.

Monday, July 1, 2013 2:34 PM
  • Hi,

How do you comment out the line WITH (READPAST)? You should comment it out like this:

/** WITH (READPAST)**/

This is a temporary workaround. The A Analysis Services is not necessary when configuring health reporting.

Note: Editing SharePoint databases in a production environment will leave your deployment in an unsupported state, could prevent patches and service packs from working properly. So make a copy of the database so that you can restore the database when a new patches comes.

Problems Viewing Health Reports in SharePoint 2013: http://www.jrjlee.com/2012/11/problems-viewing-health-reports-in.html

Overview of monitoring in SharePoint 2013: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee748636.aspx

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Entan Ming

• Marked as answer by Entan Ming Thursday, July 4, 2013 10:46 AM
    Tuesday, July 2, 2013 2:38 AM
  • Hi Entan,

Sorry for the delay.

I applied this workaround and now the Health Reports is working, as others reported in your blog site. It is quite curious, because I have other SharePoint 2013 sites running and only this site showed this problem.

According to your explanation, this should be happen to all servers, shouldn't i't?

Thank you for your great help.

Friday, July 26, 2013 8:24 PM
  • or comment out by adding two hyphens at the beginning of the line:

--WITH (READPAST)

• Edited by Hossein Aa Sunday, October 27, 2013 9:48 PM
    Sunday, October 27, 2013 9:47 PM