none
What is the correct sequence to update MDT Build 8330 to Build 8443? RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have MDT 2013 Update 2 (8330) installed and just found out that 8443 was issued in November. I already have the correct ADK installed and was wondering about the correct sequence of events to move from MDT 8330 to 8443?

Do I install right over top of 8330? Uninstall one and reinstall the new one?

Will my current deployment share and task sequences etc remain operable and usable?

Appreciate any tips

Cheers!

B

Monday, December 19, 2016 3:14 PM

All replies

• With this one, just install the new version. If you're not using Configuration Manager then you shouldn't have to make any changes at all. I ran the upgrade and had no issues.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Monday, December 19, 2016 7:44 PM
  • With this one, just install the new version. If you're not using Configuration Manager then you shouldn't have to make any changes at all. I ran the upgrade and had no issues.

So just fire it up and install over top of the existing?

Anything else to do after that like that? I thought I saw a right click menu item somewhere on the Deployment Share folder that I may need to use (Rebuild Deployment Share) or something?

B

Monday, December 19, 2016 8:13 PM
  • You would run Update deployment share after installing the update to generate a new boot image. Always a good idea (or rather necessary) after an upgrade or new WinPE drivers are added.

Oh after the upgrade, when you first open MDT it will ask to upgrade the deployment share (only happens on upgrades), you will of course have to do that.

• Edited by Dan_Vega Monday, December 19, 2016 8:25 PM
    Monday, December 19, 2016 8:24 PM
  • Appreciate the time. Will give this a try and report back.

Cheers,

B

Monday, December 19, 2016 8:45 PM
  • so if you have 1511 deployment sequences they will keep working fine?
    Thursday, January 26, 2017 5:21 PM
  • Are you referring to deploying Windows 10 1511? What matters is what version of MDT you are upgrading from. If you're upgrading from an early 2013 version such as update 1 to the latest then I'm pretty sure there were changes to the task sequence templates that would require you to create new task sequences and update your deployment share.

Remember it doesn't have to be that painful as you can create a new sequence, open it and also open your old sequence. Then you can copy and paste tasks or groups of tasks from your old sequence to the new one. It should only take a few minutes to replace a task sequence...unless yours is very complex.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 8:07 PM