win 7 hung on shutdown RRS feed

• Question

• When i turn the power button on my win 7 laptop. the laptop shows a screen that says it is shutting down. I have not been able to get win 7 to go to the boot screen since this has happened, I have left win 7 on the "shutdown screen" for 24 hours and win 7 is still saying it is "shutting down". All keys are unresponcive. Help, how do I fix?
    Saturday, August 27, 2011 1:15 PM

All replies

• Hi dan18070,

Thanks for the post!

When did this happen?

Please Clean Boot your computer, update the BIOS and other hardware device driver to the latest one, like graphic card driver, NIC driver etc. Then, click Start - Shut Down. What's the result?

If still not work, please provide us with the hardware information.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 7:24 AM
  • Hi dan18070,

I would like to tell you that firstly hold up the Power Button till the time the windows is shutting down screen not disappeared after that again press the power button computer bootup and if the boot screen shows some option like "Safe mode, Safe mode with networking, Normal boot, Last time good configuration" choose the "Last time good configuration" once the computer boots up follow the steps which are given below:-

1. Check your computer for virus infection.

2. Check the latest Windows Updates and install them(if any).

3. Clean all the temporary files and also run the disk clean up utility for open disk cleanup utiliy click on start and type in search box "Disk Cleanup".

4. Check your hardware device driver if the hardware device require and updation then do it.

5. If you well aware of how to disable the startup then open the msconfig and do the Clean boot.

6. Restart your computer.

7. Shutdown your computer again.

If the problem not fixed, please provide more details of your computer hardware information and explain me more details of your issue.

Regards,

Shobhit

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 10:54 PM