none
Filter Power BI report in SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to know if anyone has had any success in filtering a Power BI report in Sharepoint.  We have Pro licenses and we have been able to create the embedded webpart. However, that does not allow use to put the filter in the URL. We tried a script and put an iFrame but that fails as well. We have not tried use the Java API but so far some post say that it cannot be used inside Sharepoint. 

Does anyone know a simple way to achieve this. 

I just have one Power BI report with no filter, but I want to filter it based on what sharepoint site you are on.

Any ideas.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 8:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• I think you need to do a multi step/multi webpart solution.

Use Query string (URL) filter web part and pass parameters to PowerBi via URL. The modify Power to use those parameters, see Power BI article "Filter a report with a URL query string parameter"

Hope this helps.

Friday, June 15, 2018 2:32 PM
  • Thanks for your reply and I have tried that solution. However, that opens the entire Power BI interface not just the report and you can't use that url in sharepoint. Unless you know of another way url that I don't know about?
    Friday, June 15, 2018 8:38 PM
  • Hey!

This forum is dedicated to support on Power Query and the M language. I'd highly recommend that you post this same question on the official Power BI forum here.

Monday, June 18, 2018 3:44 AM