none
Shared COmputer Tool Kit and Service Pack 3 RRS feed

• Question

• I work at a University has System Admin, apart of the Universities different operations is the Callcenter to call Alumni and Prospective Students. We are doing good with the Shared Computer tool kit and didnt have any problem untill MS came up with SP3, I untilled stalled SCT and installed SP3 and then installed SCT again. Will that cause any problem in the future, I couldnt convice my self to move to Steady State after intial testing with the Softwares that we use, since the Dialing software thet we use needed the profile to be a computer Adminsitrator profile, when tested with Steady statem it Didnt give me an option to Choose the type of account, had to manually go and change the account type to administrator. Need help. Wann know if it safe to go with the SCT and SP3. It seems to be working, but not sure if its stable.

Waiting for response
    Monday, July 7, 2008 8:13 PM

Answers

•  

Hi, we recommend you using SteadyState instead of previous SCT. If you want to setup an administrator account, yes, we need to manually change it, and we can still use SteadyState to deploy restrictions on the administrator account and set it as restricted administrator. Though we cannot guarantee whether SCT is working with SP3 stably, if you have encountered further issue with it, you can post it here or contact with our SCT support team. Thank you for your understanding.    

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 6:17 AM

All replies

•  

Hi, we recommend you using SteadyState instead of previous SCT. If you want to setup an administrator account, yes, we need to manually change it, and we can still use SteadyState to deploy restrictions on the administrator account and set it as restricted administrator. Though we cannot guarantee whether SCT is working with SP3 stably, if you have encountered further issue with it, you can post it here or contact with our SCT support team. Thank you for your understanding.    

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 6:17 AM
  • Hi Sean

Thank you for the prompt reply. Here I have few issues....

I am now running two test pc with Steady State with the needed restrictions( PC which intially had SCT, which was uninstalled before Steady state installation). I encountered few issues like, instability, and the Account not being displayed in the Welcome Screen, welcome screen getting frozen. Well this didnt convince me to move to Steady State in all our pc's here.

Issues with SCT and SP3

--> Automatic updates turned on during the hours of operation(intially it was turned off, since updates are run manually, But after installation of SP# automatic updates are turned on), it shuts down the system and when it boots back again, either the account is missing or the screen is frozen like the Steady State.

But after I uncheck automatic update in the Windows Disk protection, the station seems to working fine. All the stations are gone live, just crosing my finger for its stability. I dont want to take this risk. But I am not sure if there are many other user like me have any issue withe Steady State or SCT with SP3..

M

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 11:07 PM