none
DPM 2007 Agent failed with ID 319 RRS feed

• Question

• When I install agent thru Protection Agent Wizart, all Windows XP SP2 and Windows 7 clients in my domain got error:

Affected area: *.hardjura.hr
    Occurred since: 18.3.2011 11:27:04
    Description: Agent operation failed. (ID 370)
     The agent operation failed because of a communication error with the DPM Agent Coordinator service on *.hardjura.hr. (ID 319 Details: The RPC server is unavailable (0x800706BA))

I was installed agent on one Windows XP computer because I turned off Windows Firewall. Two windows 2008 server also permit install agent but 1 windows server not.

For all Windows 2008 Server and Windows 7 client Error ID 405 is also showed.

What actualy ID 319 means. If refears to firewall which port must be opend?

I didn't excpect problems installing agents on clients.

Z. <(-e)kas
    Monday, March 21, 2011 1:15 PM

Answers

•  

I read many articles about my problem.

I make firewall exceptions for DPMRA.exe and TCP and UDP port 5719 and 5718. I change MSDPM Agent Coordinator Service  permision in DCOM Config on both side and nothing helps. Error: The agent operation failed because of a communication error with the DPM Agent Coordinator service on computername (ID 319 Details: The RPC server is unavailable (0x800706BA)) still ocures.

As you suggest ,only stoping firewall help in installing agent.

I'am disapointed with this funciton in DPM 2007.

Thank you.

Z. <(-e)kas
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried installing the agents manually using the steps in the article below?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399459.aspx

If the manual installation fails you can try stopping the Base Filtering Engine, installing the agent, then reboot the protected server/client to restart BFE and the services dependent on it. To stop the Base Filtering Enginer, from a command prompt run "net stop BFE"

Thanks,

Marc

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 12:49 PM
  •  

I read many articles about my problem.

I make firewall exceptions for DPMRA.exe and TCP and UDP port 5719 and 5718. I change MSDPM Agent Coordinator Service  permision in DCOM Config on both side and nothing helps. Error: The agent operation failed because of a communication error with the DPM Agent Coordinator service on computername (ID 319 Details: The RPC server is unavailable (0x800706BA)) still ocures.

As you suggest ,only stoping firewall help in installing agent.

I'am disapointed with this funciton in DPM 2007.

Thank you.

Z. <(-e)kas
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:27 AM