none
Replica creation in progress from past 20 hours in SCDPM 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team 

I need your support for the below issue.,

I enabled protection for one client server datasource of 600GB size in SCDPM 2016.  From past 20hours status as "replica creation in progress" (ID 3105). I stopped the protection and again initiated by creating new protection group and included disk backup no online backup but no luck status remanins same "replica creation in progress". Kindly let us know is there any way I can fix this issue and I can/should see what is the percentage it is copied during this process.

Praveen 

praveen bellary.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:13 AM

All replies

• 600GB could take quite a long time to make an initial replica if your DPM server and the source server haven't got amazing connectivity and/or I/O - what sort of I/O are you seeing over the network on the DPM server/source server  - e.g. in task manager for example?

If you had a 100mbit link saturated it could take 14-15 odd hours assuming no overhead - so in practice a bit longer... if you can see what you're getting in network throughput that might well answer both (a) is it doing anything and (b) what speed is it doing it at....

Thursday, November 16, 2017 4:04 PM