Network resource disables explorer's autorefresh RRS feed

• Question

• You all know about the issue with explorer isn't refreshing after copy/paste/delete/rename etc.

I've had the same problem for months now without searching for a solution. Nevertheless it bothered me in a way i started to search for the solution today.

I was able to track down the problem and to solve it. I've added a network resource to my computer. The problem with this resource is, that it is only available when i log into my vpn account at my university. Normally i am not connected to this vpn account (just connect to it to study) and this added network resource is not available (but icon is still in my computer's explorer). When trying to connect to the network resource while not connected to vpn it times out (which is expected behaviour).

Connecting to my university's VPN (and making the resource available) OR deleting the resource from my computer does solve the problem with refreshing of my explorer after copy/paste etc.

So the question is: How to add a network resource to my computer, that will only show up when connected to VPN and that does not stop the explorer from working as expected. Is there any way to specify network resources to be bound to special connections only?

Saturday, December 11, 2010 8:14 PM