Flickring issue on Windows 7 on Classic Theme or High Contrast theme RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an MFC (Dialog Based) Application in which i want to display the system time from Windows 7 OS on static Control.

When my Windows 7 OS theme is "BASIC and HIGH CONTRAST THEME" (like Windows Classic), then the system time on my Static Control continously flickers after every second. This flickering is not seen when my OS theme is "AERO THEME".

Can anybody please let me know as to why this flickering occurs on High Contrast theme on Windows 7 OS.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak Mathur

Thursday, June 9, 2011 11:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According the issue, I would like to suggest you to try to perform the application on another Windows 7 machine(support Aero).

Since this problem is caused by compatibility between this application and Aero, I wonder that are you a programmer or a user?

If you are a programmer, you may access Microsoft MSDN Visual C++ forum to check this problem.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/visualc

In case, you are a user, please contact the software manufacturer to confirm whether the application have a compatibility issue.

Also you may tell me the application name, then I will help you to check this.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:21 AM