move skype for business enterprise pool frontend database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are migrating our Lync 2013 to SfB servers. Central Management database still resides in same server as Lync 2013 standard front end server. SfB frontend enterprise pool has been deloyed with three servers and database pointing to one sql server, db01. Testing move user from pool lync2013 standard to sfb enterprise pool is succeed. Most production users still reside on Lync 2013 standard pool. Somehow we need to move sfb enterprise pool frontend database to another server, db02.

What I have done so far, edit properties of sql store on SfB frontend enterprise pool, click new... and pointing the sql server store to db02. Then, publish the topology. I take a look at db02 server, SfB-related databases created on the server. When, I stop the sql service on db01, there are error event LS User Services 32134.

"Failed to connect to back-end database.  Skype for Business Server will continuously attempt to reconnect to the back-end.  While this condition persists, incoming messages will receive error responses.

Back-end Database: rtcxds  Connection string of:
    driver={SQL Server Native Client 11.0};Trusted_Connection=yes;AutoTranslate=no;server=db01.domain.com\sfb;database=rtcxds;
    Cause: Possible issues with back-end database.
    Resolution:
    Ensure the back-end is functioning correctly."

How to completely move database of sfb frontend enterprise pool to new sql server?

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 8:43 PM

Answers

All replies