Limited External Calling Skype for Buisness client RRS feed

• Question

• After enabling enterprise voice (adding PSTN gateway and publishing to topology) all the S4B clients show a message in bottom right corner "Limited External Calling"

Server issues are affecting calls.

I do not want to show this to all users as we are still in the process of implementing click to call functionality in SKype notification.

Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Kitaab,

Based on your description, I understand that your environment has not been finished now, is that right?

Did you try the troubleshooting steps in the document provided by Matrix? Is that work?

Would you please tell us if users could make external calls successfully?

Based on my research, this error may be caused the issue with the certificate on Edge server, I will share a document about “Set up certificates for the external edge interface for Lync Server 2013”, it’s same to SFB server 2015
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398409%28v=ocs.15%29.aspx

If your certificate without any issue, we suggest you schedule your downtime to reboot your SFB server then test again.

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, October 30, 2017 9:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kitaab Sunday, November 5, 2017 8:04 AM
    Friday, October 27, 2017 5:36 AM

All replies

• This could probably help? https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7459.troubleshooting-limited-external-calling-in-lync-client.aspx
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 2:44 PM
  • Hi Kitaab,

Based on your description, I understand that your environment has not been finished now, is that right?

Did you try the troubleshooting steps in the document provided by Matrix? Is that work?

Would you please tell us if users could make external calls successfully?

Based on my research, this error may be caused the issue with the certificate on Edge server, I will share a document about “Set up certificates for the external edge interface for Lync Server 2013”, it’s same to SFB server 2015
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398409%28v=ocs.15%29.aspx

If your certificate without any issue, we suggest you schedule your downtime to reboot your SFB server then test again.

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, October 30, 2017 9:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kitaab Sunday, November 5, 2017 8:04 AM
    Friday, October 27, 2017 5:36 AM
  • I am not sure but there was some routing issue to the external network of teh Edge server , now that the routing issue is solved the icon has disappeared. 

Not sure though but maybe cuz it was not able to reach the external interface of the Edge server that is why it the client had that limited connectivity symbol.

is that possible>

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 1:15 PM