Impossible to add a database with visual studio 2008 and source safe 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• I have visual studio 2008 team system with visual source safe 2005 with the internet add-in installed.  It is running on windows 7 RC1.  I configured visual studio to use the "Visual Source Safe (Internet)" plug-in.  From visual studio, I select file->open->project and I select "visual source safe" in the left part of the open dialog.  In the right part of the dialog, I can see the "Item/Details/Web service URL" columns, but I have no way to add a new entry.  If I understand well, on XP you have a line named "add a database", I don't have this line with windows 7 so, I can't access my vss database.
    Friday, July 24, 2009 11:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• I have visual studio 2008 team system with visual source safe 2005 with the internet add-in installed.  It is running on windows 7 RC1.  I configured visual studio to use the "Visual Source Safe (Internet)" plug-in.  From visual studio, I select file->open->project and I select "visual source safe" in the left part of the open dialog.  In the right part of the dialog, I can see the "Item/Details/Web service URL" columns, but I have no way to add a new entry.  If I understand well, on XP you have a line named "add a database", I don't have this line with windows 7 so, I can't access my vss database.

me too. here
    • Edited by woodwell Wednesday, July 29, 2009 1:18 AM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:59 AM
  • Hi sbeaudoin,

You have to configure the Database before you try to add with visual studio 2008 and source safe 2005.

please refer the link to see how to configure and add a database,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181056(VS.80).aspx

Hope this helps you. 
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Wednesday, August 5, 2009 10:19 AM
    Friday, July 31, 2009 2:56 PM