none
Is RDP file compatible for Android OS ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

currently i am using RDP to use client server. Now I & Client both on Windows 7

Can i do the same thing if i have Android OS & client on Win 7?

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Ashish,

Are you talking about analyzing a file in Network Monitor containing RDP traffic captured between the devices (Win7 to Win7 or Android to Win7) or about setting up an RDP connection between these types of devices?

If it's the former, then it shouldn't change based on what device you're on as the protocol is the same.  If it's the later, let me know and I'll see if we have an RDP forum, but it would most likely depend on if there's an Android app available that supports the protocol.

Thanks,

Michael Hawker | Program Manager | Network Monitor

• Marked as answer by AshishSingh_DWH Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:38 AM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Ashish,

Are you talking about analyzing a file in Network Monitor containing RDP traffic captured between the devices (Win7 to Win7 or Android to Win7) or about setting up an RDP connection between these types of devices?

If it's the former, then it shouldn't change based on what device you're on as the protocol is the same.  If it's the later, let me know and I'll see if we have an RDP forum, but it would most likely depend on if there's an Android app available that supports the protocol.

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by AshishSingh_DWH Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:38 AM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:02 PM
  • Hi Michael,

thanks for this. currently i am RDP Connection to work on Client Server. Both OS (Client & Myself) are same Win 7. i want to ask that if i switch to Android OS & Client server be on Win 7 then connectivity is possible through RDP ?

Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:33 AM
  • Hi Ashish,

This wouldn't be the right forum for that question.  You'd want to ask it in an RDP or Android forum.  I don't know if there's an official Microsoft RDP client for Android, but there are probably third party tools available, but none that I can recommend.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks,

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:13 PM