none
Permission error trying to sync offline files Windows 8.1 to server

Question

• We're in a domain at work and a user have a folder on the server that he usually syncs with from his computer. The problem is that when I right click on the folder and choose "syncronize" it gives me "permission error". 

How do I fix this?

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 8:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Ladasd,

Firstly, could you please tell us the exact error message that you received?

Before we know that, I suggest you first check if the user have the permission to synchronize the file. Just right click the file on the server > "Properties" > "Security" to check if you have permission.

If the user have the permission, we have found a workaround for the issue which is similar to yours. I infer this issue may occur if you create a share,  and put the user's subfolder under a root share folder, and then include the folder name as part of the drive mapping.

We suggest you configure a share so that users can synchronize with a subfolder under the Home$ share, grant all of the users at least Read permissions on the Home folder.

Also, you could read more information in the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/275461

Hope that will be helpful to you.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 26, 2015 6:23 AM