Incorrect URL on Calendar List Event in Overlay View RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We're using Standalone SharePoint 2010 installation.

The agency I work for has a Clerical Staff calendar list. This is the principal calendar staff use so it has several other calendars overlaid in the list view.
    One such calendar was Volunteer Schedule. Once this was no longer used I renamed the volulnteer calendar to payroll calendar and changed the URL in sharepoint designer 2010. This was successful, I can hit the payroll calendar and the URL is correct.
    However, I'm having issues with the payroll calendar items. When you click on any Payroll Calendar Event in the Clerical Calendar overlay view, the URL for the payroll calendar item resolves to a completely different calendar list and throws an "Item Does Not Exist" error.
    I can still add, edit, and delete those items on the payroll calendar specifically, and new adds do show up in the overlay... it's only when you click the Title of that item in the Clerical calendar overlay does the error happen, it's almost as if the Calendar list items have lost their connection to their parent calendar list.

Further investigation has brought no answers, I'd rather not delete and recreate the payroll calendar as it's densely populated.

Any thoughts or links will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian H.

Friday, July 18, 2014 3:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to solve the issue about the Payroll Calendar Events when you clicked on any Payroll Calendar Event in the Clerical Calendar overlay view in SharePoint 2010.

I try to reproduce the issue, however, the result is the same as yours.

If you need to rename the Volulnteer Calendar to Payroll Calendar and change the URL in SharePoint designer 2010, I suggest that you can delete the previous Volulnteer Calendars Overlay and create a new one Payroll Calendars Overlay in the Clerical Calendar list.

I recommend that you can follow the steps as below to implement it.

1. Open the Clerical Calendar list, go to the “Calendar Tools”, and click the “Calendars Overlay” under “Calendar”.
    2. Click the previous Volulnteer Calendars Overlay, and click the “Delete” button to delete it.
    3. Click “New Calendar”, type the Calendar Name, select the Color and click the “Resolve” button to get the latest information of the Calendar list in the Web URL.
    4. Select the new Payroll Calendar list and click “OK” button.
    Now, you can go back to the Clerical Calendar list and test the new Payroll Calendars Overlay in your environment.

In addition, you can rename the Volulnteer Calendar through the UI, then the URL will be changed automatically. And then you can click the Calendars Overlay directly.

To rename the Volulnteer Calendar through the UI, you can follow the steps as below:
    1. Go to “List Settings” of the Volunteer Calendar, and click the “Title, description and navigation” under “General Settings”.
    2. Change the name to “Payroll” and click “Save” button.
    Then, you can see the new Payroll Calendar list on the Quick Launch.

For more information, you can refer to:

How to Change the Url For a SharePoint 2010 List or Library

Changing the URL of an existing document library or list

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Lindali Monday, July 21, 2014 6:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by ln1000000 Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:52 PM
    Monday, July 21, 2014 6:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to solve the issue about the Payroll Calendar Events when you clicked on any Payroll Calendar Event in the Clerical Calendar overlay view in SharePoint 2010.

I try to reproduce the issue, however, the result is the same as yours.

If you need to rename the Volulnteer Calendar to Payroll Calendar and change the URL in SharePoint designer 2010, I suggest that you can delete the previous Volulnteer Calendars Overlay and create a new one Payroll Calendars Overlay in the Clerical Calendar list.

I recommend that you can follow the steps as below to implement it.

1. Open the Clerical Calendar list, go to the “Calendar Tools”, and click the “Calendars Overlay” under “Calendar”.
    2. Click the previous Volulnteer Calendars Overlay, and click the “Delete” button to delete it.
    3. Click “New Calendar”, type the Calendar Name, select the Color and click the “Resolve” button to get the latest information of the Calendar list in the Web URL.
    4. Select the new Payroll Calendar list and click “OK” button.
    Now, you can go back to the Clerical Calendar list and test the new Payroll Calendars Overlay in your environment.

In addition, you can rename the Volulnteer Calendar through the UI, then the URL will be changed automatically. And then you can click the Calendars Overlay directly.

To rename the Volulnteer Calendar through the UI, you can follow the steps as below:
    1. Go to “List Settings” of the Volunteer Calendar, and click the “Title, description and navigation” under “General Settings”.
    2. Change the name to “Payroll” and click “Save” button.
    Then, you can see the new Payroll Calendar list on the Quick Launch.

For more information, you can refer to:

How to Change the Url For a SharePoint 2010 List or Library

Changing the URL of an existing document library or list

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Lindali Monday, July 21, 2014 6:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by ln1000000 Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:52 PM
    Monday, July 21, 2014 6:28 AM
  • Hi Linda Li,

Worked like a charm thanks!