none
Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter 3.1 - where is the downloaded url ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have downloaded Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter 3.1  ,  for 3 moths ago

Today i don't find valid link for Ver 3.1   

Ramy

• Moved by BrianEhMVP Tuesday, May 26, 2015 4:26 PM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2015 3:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42497

the link ist for MVMC 3.0 but the downloaded MSI file is version 3.1

best regards Marc Grote - www.it-training-grote.de

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Monday, June 1, 2015 2:16 AM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2015 4:01 PM
  • this link for  Ver 3.0   ,Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter 3.0

Ramy

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 4:21 PM
  • Hi Sir,

I agree with Marc.Grote .

I searched that , but didn't find that MS release the 3.1 Version of MVMC .

In some non-MS article , they might mentioned 3.1 version but the link still point to  MVMC3.0 :

http://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/17453/HOW-TO-P2V-V2V-for-FREE-to-Hyper-V-Microsoft-Virtual-Machine-Converter-3-1.html

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Monday, June 8, 2015 1:27 AM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 2:16 AM
  • As author of the Article, at Experts Exchange, which was written approx 9th December 2014, there was a 3.0 which was released, and when writing the article 3.1 was released, which I downloaded, and wrote the articles, the links in the article were linked to 3.1, but then it must have been pulled, because everything at the Microsoft site, reverted to 3.0!

Readers have asked me since, where is 3.1!

I have the different msi packages.

So I have no idea, why they reverted it to 3.0!

Andrew Hancock

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 12:34 AM
  • Hi Andrew,

Do you still have the Version 3.0 and 2.0 of Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter setup binaries?

I need it to do some conversions of old servers and can't find it anywhere (wayback machine, google cache and everywhere else).

If you do, could you please provide them here or directly via a link in an email (if you happen to upload them somewhere -dropbox, onedrive etc-.

Thank you

George Simos former MVP in Configuration Manager, MCT, MCSA, MCITP Enterprise Admin, MCTS Virtualization & ConfigMgr

Friday, March 16, 2018 7:33 AM
  • Hey George. I have been researching around all day because I'm also in need of this tool. It seems MS is still hosting the tool here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42497

I didn't want to download anything other than official tools from Microsoft, or VMware, etc official sources. Funny that it seems you've recently been searching for it as well, because I thought the tool was deprecated and forgotten about (In June 2017 i think?) Guess we got lucky, this time - I hope I was of some help to you!

Saturday, March 17, 2018 6:44 AM
  • Hi JayBk_

Unfortunately I'm looking for the older versions of 2.0 and 3.0, the one you proposed is the 3.1 regardless that it is reported as 3.0 on the website :(

Hope you solved your issues with it because I didn't....(yet)

George Simos former MVP in Configuration Manager, MCT, MCSA, MCITP Enterprise Admin, MCTS Virtualization & ConfigMgr

Monday, July 23, 2018 10:24 AM