none
Cannot find site lookup infor for requert URI RRS feed

• Question

• Note: This is an upgrade from 2010 -> 2013 
    Note2: We did a migration from 2010 instance 1 -> 2010 instance 2 -> upgrade to 2013 

Issue/error:

I tried to add a sharepoint site (PWA -> Project Center -> Add SharePoint Sites) when I do i get 

Sorry something went wrong
    An unexpected error has occured
    Technical Details
    Correlation ID:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What I've done so far:
    I went  to the ULS logs an dthey have all the fun information ULS logs have.  There are several errors (which I will address shortly or in a different question/post).  One that sticks out is an error that comes up quite often and is interesting BECAUSE it references my 2010 instanceS

[Forced due to logging gap, cached @ 10/09/2015, original level: verbose] SQL connection time 0.1010010101 for Data Source=database;Initial Catalog=OLD_PWA_CONTENTDB_2010;Integrated Secuirty=True;Enlist=False;Pooling=True;Min Pool Size=0;Max Pool Size=100;Connect Timeout=15     correlationID from above
    [Forced due to logging gap, Original Level: VerboseEx] Reverting to process Identity correlationID from above
    [Forced due to logging gap, cached @ 10/09/2015, original level: verbose] SQL connection time 0.1010010101 for Data Source=database;Initial Catalog=OLD_PWA_CONTENTDB_2010;Integrated Secuirty=True;Enlist=False;Pooling=True;Min Pool Size=0;Max Pool Size=100;Connect Timeout=15     correlationID from above
    [Forced due to logging gap, Original Level: VerboseEx] Reverting to process Identity correlationID from above[Forced due to logging gap, cached @ 10/09/2015, original level: verbose] SQL connection time 0.1010010101 for Data Source=database;Initial Catalog=OLD_PWA_CONTENTDB_2010;Integrated Secuirty=True;Enlist=False;Pooling=True;Min Pool Size=0;Max Pool Size=100;Connect Timeout=15     correlationID from above
    [Forced due to logging gap, Original Level: VerboseEx] Reverting to process Identity correlationID from aboveCannot find site lookup info for request URI https://pwa-INSTANCE2/pwa  correlationID from above
    The site https://newProject2013/pwa/Project Site URL  appears to be the workspace for project  'Project GUID' on the Project Server instance at https://pwa-INSTANCE2/pwa, but https://pwa-INSTANCE2/pwa can't be resolved.  Assuming it's gone correlationID from above

===========

This repeats and repeats for several of the project sites - the odd/interesting thing is under connected sharepoint sites the sites are pointing to the new URL for 2013

The above error ALSO points to pwa-INSTANCE1/pwa; I'm  unsure why these errors are happening especially when I try to add a sharepoint site... 

I have some other errors relating to "OpenQuery Failed with status ID: QUeryPath \Search Gatherer Projects (and Searcher Gather Content Plugin" but that might or might not be related... 

Thanks for any and all help

Friday, October 9, 2015 12:33 PM

Answers

• Closing this and marking this as answer:

I guess I had to wait a day for things to catch up .. REapplying the bulk updates to connected sharepoint sites and doing it to every single old server helped the WS change over all the old links to new links...

Wasted a lot of time on this but on the the next issue Query Searcher.... 

Hope this helps someone in the long run

• Marked as answer by kbwrecker Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:14 PM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:14 PM

All replies

• So the search continues -  there is some more oddities going on and I'm not 100 % sure why

1) When I do the following :

$spinstance = Get-SPSite -Identity https://PWA/PWA 
    $spinstance.AllWebs 

this returns all the sites (no old urls pointed to from 2010 servers)

$spinstance.Contentdatabase

this returns ...

ID:4347328947329847982374--48329847239874
    NAME: OLD_PWA_2010_CONTENTDATABASE
    WEBAPp: Current WS
    Server:Current DB
    CurrentSiteCount: 1

why the heck is i looking at the old Content database?  Also the old content database is still mounted, while I know I mounted it for the migration sure but I have a new database which is referencing all  the 2013 information.  

Can any one contribute to why this is referencing old data/content databases - and possibly how to get it to recognize it .  I believe there is a sql query which gives the valid url's but I can find that currently ... 

2) The new database that was created (during the upgrade process - the merge of 5 into one) is not listed in the Content databases.. However all the data in there is current and up-to-date... the old 2010 databases are just sitting there and the data inside them is old.. 

Thanks in advance for any help...

kbwrecker

• Edited by kbwrecker Monday, October 12, 2015 11:14 AM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 11:01 AM
  • USE PROJECT2013_Database

Select
    Proj_NAME,
    WPROJ_STS_SUBWEB_NAME,
    WSTS_SERVER_UID
    FROM pub.MSP_PROJECTS

Returns the information I'm looking for (has reference to different UIDs - now just to find the UID reference servers..) - while this is only published projects, I'm seeing how a change in the SERVER UID affects the errors I'm recieving

Edit:  Draft projects are all returning no sts web

edit 2: pub.MSP_WEB_APPLICATIONS has a WSS_SERVER_URL which gives the URLs of all the servers, current and old....

• Edited by kbwrecker Monday, October 12, 2015 12:35 PM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 11:45 AM
  • Closing this and marking this as answer:

I guess I had to wait a day for things to catch up .. REapplying the bulk updates to connected sharepoint sites and doing it to every single old server helped the WS change over all the old links to new links...

Wasted a lot of time on this but on the the next issue Query Searcher.... 

Hope this helps someone in the long run

• Marked as answer by kbwrecker Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:14 PM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:14 PM