none
User cannot properly display OWA using IE9 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a user on a Windows 7 laptop running IE9 who suddenly cannot get into Outlook Web Access on an SBS 2003 server. This was working before -- as late as last night -- but not now, and I can't figure out how to fix it.

When the user hits the OWA page, he is presented with side-by-side login forms:

When he logs in on one of the forms (say, the left one), he gets a partial Inbox view showing  basically just his folder tree. He can't navigate the site otherwise.

I was having trouble visualizing what he was telling me over the phone until I got this picture. In the meantime:

1) I had him enable Compatibility View for the page. Didn't help.

2) I had him clear the cache. Didn't help.

3) I had him reset IE to system defaults. Didn't help.

I can log into OWA with his account just fine from here, using Firefox 18 and IE 8.

Is this some odd IE9 feature with which I'm unaware? How do I fix this?

Thanks
    CL

Friday, January 18, 2013 2:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems Office Outlook Web Access for Exchange 2003 doesn’t support Internet Explorer 9. For more information, please refer to the section “Web Browsers Supported for Use with the Premium Version of Outlook Web App or Outlook Web Access”.

Exchange Server Supportability Matrix
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff728623.aspx

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:21 AM

All replies

• When he logs in on one of the forms (say, the left one), he gets a partial Inbox view showing  basically just his folder tree. He can't navigate the site otherwise.

I wish you had said "say, the right one" instead.  Isn't the left where that folder tree might ordinarily be?

In any case, I would try getting some diagnostics about what is coming in using the Developer Tools, Network Capture (F12, Ctrl-Backtab, F5)   E.g. is the same HTML file just being rendered twice or arriving twice?  If the latter that would tend to throw the ball back to the server which as I understand it would involve a different forum, such as Exchange Client. 

You could also see what disabling All CSS would do.  You can do that using either the Developer Tools or by just choosing View, Style, No Style  (Alt-V y N).  Doing that may act as a temporary workaround that could potentially be more useful than what is being seen.   Using the Developer Tools Disable All CSS is slightly more persistent than the View menu method but neither lasts longer than one session.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, January 18, 2013 6:00 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

It seems Office Outlook Web Access for Exchange 2003 doesn’t support Internet Explorer 9. For more information, please refer to the section “Web Browsers Supported for Use with the Premium Version of Outlook Web App or Outlook Web Access”.

Exchange Server Supportability Matrix
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff728623.aspx

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:21 AM