Skype Room Systems Crashing RRS feed

• Question

• I've got SRSv2 running on a Surface Pro 4 in a Logitech Smartdock. The SP4 meets the hardware requirements and is running Windows 10 1803, and the latest version of SRSv2 (4.0.64)

We have consistent issues with the SRS app crashing.  The device doesn't crash, just the app, which then restarts.  The whole process only takes about 60-90 seconds, but of course the device gets booted from the meeting and has to rejoin.

The event viewer does show the crash, and I have collected the logs.  But those logs don't mean much to me. 

Anyone have any guidance on how to proceed?  Or how to open a case with MS?

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 6:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you installed with the new version SRS Deployment Kit 4.0.64.1

(from the instructions to Configure a Skype Room Systems v2 console) for the update?

If it is already be updated, please try to perform a recovery for Skype Room System v2 to have a test as well. Please find here for more details.

Another reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/manage/skype-room-systems-v2/room-systems-v2-operations

As for opening a case to MS, you could start here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportforbusiness/productselection

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Monday, March 11, 2019 8:13 AM
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 6:32 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this query? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. :)

Kind regards, 

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 7:56 AM
  • I'm not sure where you're seeing 4.0.64.1.    I re-downloaded the Deployment kit and re-imaged the device from scratch, and it's still showing as 4.0.64.0.

That said, I'm currently thinking that the issue may be caused by an attached peripheral (a very generic USB microphone) so we're testing it with a different microphone to see if that eliminates the issue.

Thanks.

Thursday, March 14, 2019 3:17 PM
  • Hi,

Ok, let's see if it works when using a different microphone.

And as for 4.0.64.1please find the latest Skype Room Systems v2 installation package and extract it to a USB memory stick or network share accessible to the Skype Room Systems v2 device.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 15, 2019 9:56 AM
  • Ok it happened again yesterday during a meeting.  The only attached peripheral was a MeetingOwl camera/microphone.   

I went to do the 4.0.64.1 update, but see that it already updated to 4.0.78.0.

Thursday, March 21, 2019 3:07 PM
  • Ummm... looks strange, does it crash during each meeting? 

If so, have you tried performing a recovery for the system?

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/SkypeForBusiness/manage/skype-room-systems-v2/recovery-tool

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:58 AM
  • Having the same exact issue on two of our SRS systems (out of five systems with the same version)
    Same exact crash log in the event viewer. Latest version available installed of SRS, all Windows updates applied.

Did anyone here get anywhere on this issue?

The only thing I know has changed is that I've enabled Teams on all these panels recently.
    Super hard to troubleshoot as its intermittent, and while I test it works OK, but when people are doing their usual meetings they have issues with this.

We are using Skype for Business on-premises 2016 Server (all latest patching), and cloud teams.

Friday, October 25, 2019 3:40 PM