Exchange 2007 HUB Server Faulting application edgetransport.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm having wired problem with my Exchange Server "Hub transport". it keeps queuing the mails and SMTP Gateway unable to send them to the Exchange HUB Server.

Environment:

Exchange Mailbox Role on separate server

Exchange HUB/CAS on separate server

IMSS Trend Micro as Edge SMTP Transport Server.

Faulting application edgetransport.exe, version 8.1.436.0 error keeps coming in the event viewer.

I have stopped the MS Exchange Services and Deleted/Renamed the Queue Directory Under C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\TransportRoles\data\Queue. When I started the services again, new Queue Directory created and mail flow started again.

When I try to access the Queue Viewer in Exchange,  got the following error;

Any help would be appreciated.

edgetransport (6376) Transport Mail Database: Database 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\TransportRoles\data\Queue\mail.que': While attempting to move to the next or previous node in a B-Tree, the database engine skipped over 796 non-visible nodes in 160 pages. It is likely that these non-visible nodes are nodes which have been marked for deletion but which are yet to be purged. The database may benefit from widening the online maintenance window during off-peak hours in order to purge such nodes and reclaim their space. If this message persists, offline defragmentation may be run to remove all nodes which have been marked for deletion but are yet to be purged from the database.
        Name: MailRecipTable
        Owning Table: MailRecipTable
        ObjectId: 9
        PgnoRoot: 51
        Type: 2
        Unversioned Deletes: 796
        Uncommitted Deletes: 0
        Committed Deletes: 0
        Non-Visible Inserts: 0
    • Edited by hms_24 Tuesday, December 3, 2013 11:53 AM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 11:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you install anti-virus on the Exchange server? If yes,please temporarily disable it.

And please check whether you set the anti-virus software as follows:

File-Level Antivirus Scanning on Exchange 2007

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb332342(EXCHG.80).aspx

For this issue, I recommend you create a new queue database and restart the Microsoft Exchange Transport service to check the result. You can simply move the old queue database to other location and start HUB transport server, it will create a new queue database automatically.

If the issue persist, please increase the diagnostic logging level for transport component.

Besides, please run ExBPA on the exchange server for a health check.

Related articles for your reference:

Working with the Queue Database on Transport Servers
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124343(v=exchg.80).aspx

HOWTO increase the Logging Levels in Exchange 2003,2007 and 2010
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/ferris/archive/2010/05/03/howto-increase-the-logging-levels-in-exchange-2003-2007-and-2010.aspx

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Belinda

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 9:06 AM
  • Hello,

I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days. If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 23, 2013 3:42 AM
  • Hello,

Anybody expericing the same issue with this? I'm in a bit dilemma how the issue started.

I have disabled the Auto Signature Software (CodeTwo) I have uninstalled the Antivirus completely, but no luck still time to time is happening.

The Exchange environment is hosted on VMware vSphere running Dell R710. The HUB Server has 8GB and 4vCPU with plenty of disk space. The Exchange MBX role has 20GB RAM and 4vCPUs. When the issue is starting with the HUB Server, I can see in vSphere Client that the CPU utilization on the VM itself is reaching almost 4900 Mhz, even though the host doesn't have more VMs running nor it's out of resources.  

Faulting application edgetransport.exe, version 8.0.751.0,

Currently, I'm updating Rollup 5 for Exchange 2007 SP2 and mail queue is in stopped state now :) Hope once it's completed the issue will be resolved.

If anyone would like to highlight anything or give tips/tricks will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:40 AM
  • Hi All,

Prior to this Application Error (1000) starts; I can see there is another warning which appears.

1. Recipient group membership cache loaded. Group: allstudents@Domain.com, Time: 00:00:00.5304918, Members: 1490
    2. Faulting application edgetransport.exe, version 8.2.176.0, time stamp 0x4a5b9add, faulting module MSVCR90.dll, version 9.0.30729.4148,
    3. Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at:
    4. Anti-spam agents are enabled, but the list of internal SMTP servers is empty. If there are any MTAs between this server and the Internet, populate this list by using the Set-TransportConfig cmdlet in the Exchange Management Shell.
    5. edgetransport (5076) Transport Mail Database: The database engine (8.02.0176.0000) started a new instance (0).
    6. edgetransport (5076) Transport Mail Database: The database engine has begun replaying logfile C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\TransportRoles\data\Queue\trn.log.
    7. The topology doesn't contain a route to Exchange 2000 Server or Exchange Server 2003 server mubex01.Domain.com in Routing Group CN=First Routing Group,CN=Routing Groups,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Domain Domain,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Domain,DC=com in routing tables with the timestamp 11/13/2014 11:38:50 AM.
    8. A route to Mailbox server CN=MUBEX01,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Domain,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Domain,DC=com could not be found for store CN=Public Folder Store (MUBEX01),CN=Staff Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=MUBEX01,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=RCSI MUB,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Domain,DC=com in routing tables with timestamp 11/13/2014 11:38:50 AM. Recipients will not be routed to this store.
    9. The Microsoft Exchange Transport service has started the background scan of the queue database. All messages that have not yet been delivered will be loaded.
    10. The background scan of the transport queue database has completed. 25 message(s) were found.
    11. Journal rules were loaded.
    12. Recipient group membership cache loaded. Group: allstudents@Domain.com, Time: 00:00:00.5148891, Members: 1490
    13. Faulting application edgetransport.exe, version 8.2.176.0, time stamp 0x4a5b9add, faulting module MSVCR90.dll, version 9.0.30729.4148, time stamp 0x4a594e3d, exception code 0xc0000417, fault offset 0x00000000000552c0, process id 0x13d4, application start time 0x01cfff366342a0f4.

Appreciate if someone could point me to the right direction on this dilemma.

Thanks,

Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:00 PM
  • [PS] C:\>Get-ExchangeServer

Name                Site                 ServerRole  Edition     AdminDisplayVe
                                                                     rsion
    ----                ----                 ----------  -------     --------------
    EX01                                  None        Enterprise  Version 6.5...
    MAIL001          Default-First-Sit... Mailbox     Enterprise  Version 8.2...
    HUB001           Default-First-Sit... ClientAc... Enterprise  Version 8.2...

Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:26 PM
  • Moved the mail queue to different drive and so far the error is not generated :) hopefully this is the issue and it will be stable.

Will keep you updated.

• Edited by hms_24 Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:40 PM Grammer mistakes
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:40 PM