Mouse Cursor RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Win 7 Home Premium, factory installed on a Sony Vaio and MS wireless mobile mouse 1000.

Everything is OK, except that the mouse cursor stutters whenever the hard disk is working hard. It normalizes once the HDD light is off.

Is there a solution to this issue?

Saturday, November 5, 2011 9:12 AM

Answers

• Many thanks for your interest Zhen Tan,

I used the Microsoft Mouse on a Toshiba Notebook with Win 7 Pro. I didn't notice the same problem there. Then I used the mouse of the other computer, a Microsoft Mobile Laser Mouse 6000 on my computer which resulted in a similar problem.

Guess the mouse doesn't cause problems, the computer does.

Should I now update the mouse driver on my computer and see what happens?

mgoksoy
    • Marked as answer by mertolgoksoy Saturday, November 12, 2011 3:24 PM
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding the issue, please try to check the issue on another computer without problem. If the issue disappears, please upgrade the driver on the machine then unplug all external device expect the mouse then check the issue again.

In case the issue appears again, please try to use another mouse on the problem computer to check whether this problem is caused by mouse related issue. Please let me know the result.

Hope that helps

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, November 11, 2011 2:32 AM
  • Many thanks for your interest Zhen Tan,

I used the Microsoft Mouse on a Toshiba Notebook with Win 7 Pro. I didn't notice the same problem there. Then I used the mouse of the other computer, a Microsoft Mobile Laser Mouse 6000 on my computer which resulted in a similar problem.

Guess the mouse doesn't cause problems, the computer does.

Should I now update the mouse driver on my computer and see what happens?

mgoksoy
    • Marked as answer by mertolgoksoy Saturday, November 12, 2011 3:24 PM
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 2:20 PM
  • Hi again Zhen Tan,

Apparently it was a driver issue. Once I updated the mouse driver (to Win 7 64 bit BTW), problem was solved.

Thanks again.

mgoksoy
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 3:24 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for update! And gald to see this problem was solved.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, November 14, 2011 3:46 AM