none
Time showing in Assignments and tasks but not in the Timesheet - how to verify RRS feed

• Question

• Guys,

I'm hoping somebody can help on a small issue I encountered today.

We run Project Server 2010 in single entry mode.

All time for tasks is entered through the Timesheet, sent, approved and published.  We then run reports based off the assignment data via SSRS.

We have an issue today whereby we have a task that is reporting 16 hours in the report based on assignments, and this is verified in the resource center as being correct.  Only problem is that I cannot see that time in the resources timesheet, and when I view that status update for that task it doesn't report any changes in time (although a status update has been sent it looks like below)

Submitted: 25/10/2012 12:01 <Resource A>
    Approved: 25/10/2012 12:01 <User B>

Update accepting automatically by rules engine.

Taking a quick look in the tasks view, it also shows 16 hours entered.

Does anybody seen this before and know how it might have come about, or does anybody know of a way of checking the db to see how this time was originally entered.  I guess somebody could have entered time against the task from the Project Schedule, or something similar?

Thanks,

Lee

• Edited by Lee Stokes Monday, October 29, 2012 2:41 PM
    Monday, October 29, 2012 2:41 PM

All replies

• I think you have covered all angles. if the status update does not show any hours reported, and the timesheet does not have any hours, then it is most likely

1)Either  that the hours were directly eneterd in project scjhedule.

2) or the task was marked complete without readjusting the remaining work.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Monday, October 29, 2012 5:36 PM
  • Thanks, Prasanna,

Is there any way you know of that you can check if this is the case in the back-end?

Lee

Monday, October 29, 2012 5:43 PM
  • hmm....You can query the MSP_Timesheet_userview data, but it would (should) show the same as what you see on the resource's timesheet on the front end.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Monday, October 29, 2012 5:46 PM
  • OK, just tested the workflow that involves updating the time directly from the project schedule, and that seems to add the time into the Timesheet.

Also, removing the time for the timesheet also seems to remove it from the schedule.

Time to keep digging.

:)

Monday, October 29, 2012 5:57 PM