could not shutdown windows vista RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have the windows vista home premium, every time I click shutdowns it worked  shutdown  and after that it restart again as we turn power on  to starte th computer .

Please give me help, thank you 

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 5:51 AM

All replies

• 1. From what you're describing, you have a system restart problem every time you turn on your computer is that correct?

2. What is the Stop code (blue screen) whenever it restarts?

e.g.

Stop: 0x0000007B?

3. Does the system boot insto Safe Mode? (Press F8 during Post and select Safe Mode)

Thursday, July 12, 2007 7:27 AM
  • I get the same thing. There is no blue screen or error. It shuts down and immediatly starts up again. This just started happening after the recent automatic updates a few days ago, there was a batch of 11 or so. It was fine before that. I'm having to pull the power to keep it off.
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 9:20 PM
  • Try pressing F8 repeated after BIOS post, then choose Last known good configuration setting.

What's the model of the computer you're running?

Thursday, July 12, 2007 9:57 PM
  • Thanks but last know good didn't help, does the same thing. Machine is home grown though not by me. D865PERL board, Radeon 9600 graphic display adapter, 3gh cpu.

Friday, July 13, 2007 3:16 PM
  • it happen when we run windows auto update, when we want to turn off the computer, click start, and then click the shut down, the system log off and shutdown on screen after shutdown and then it re boot again, which like we turn on computer, and so on  which we click turn off and go on, the system HP

Thursday, July 19, 2007 2:29 AM
  • hmm
    Friday, July 20, 2007 12:26 AM
  • this a new computer, I just bought from Circut City, and windows vista home prenium  1 month
    Saturday, July 21, 2007 2:34 AM
  • What's the model of the system?

Is it a desktop? laptop? tablet pc?

have you checked the OEM's website to see if there is a solution?

Saturday, July 21, 2007 2:48 AM
  • it a laptop
    Sunday, July 22, 2007 2:22 AM
  • Go to the OEM's webpage

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html?pageDisplay=drivers

Enter the model number, e.g. hp pavilion dvxxxx and click >>

Select Windows Vista and see if there is a bios update for the system.

Sunday, July 22, 2007 4:03 AM
  • I bleieve i have the latest bios for my board, intel D865PERL (version AAC26719-214) Bios RL86510A.086A.0089.P21 I went to the Intel site and looked and this is the latest. My shutdown worked fine up to a automatic update of vista.
    Monday, July 23, 2007 1:34 PM
  • Try to go back to the P19 version of your BIOS. It worked for me.
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 5:19 PM