App-v5 Packages through SCCM2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a question about deploying applications through SCCM 2012.

Applications deployed through SCCM, their shortcuts have the following path:

"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Integration\A959139A-75BD-4A77-AC79-C1B5407F9B06\Root\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\Dreamweaver.exe"

This path resolves to C:\programdata\appv.

When deployed via App-v Management server they get this path:

"%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Integration\A959139A-75BD-4A77-AC79-C1B5407F9B06\Root\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\Dreamweaver.exe"

I understand C:\programdata\appv is the master repository for the packages so why is SCCM pointing to the master copy? On the SCCM client I don't see any App-v folders in the users profile so where are their settings stored?

Thursday, February 27, 2014 12:02 PM

Answers

• The difference might be caused by the 'targeting' of packages. Both, ConfigMgr and App-V Management Server allow to target packages to users/user groups and/or to computers/computer groups.

When you target a computer, publishing ('shortcut creation') is done to the 'all users' profile

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

• Marked as answer by IanC97 Friday, February 28, 2014 10:10 AM
    Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:35 PM

All replies

• The difference might be caused by the 'targeting' of packages. Both, ConfigMgr and App-V Management Server allow to target packages to users/user groups and/or to computers/computer groups.

When you target a computer, publishing ('shortcut creation') is done to the 'all users' profile

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

• Marked as answer by IanC97 Friday, February 28, 2014 10:10 AM
    Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:35 PM
  • Thanks Falko, yes that makes sense.
    Friday, February 28, 2014 10:11 AM