none
Reporting with milestones RRS feed

• Question

• I have a standard project.  I am using project 2013.

Is there a way to have a report or custom report that shows a timeline with milestones on it?

thanks

• Edited by my_drive Sunday, June 18, 2017 5:32 PM
    Sunday, June 18, 2017 5:31 PM

Answers

• my_drive --

Sure.  Apply the Gantt Chart view and then display the View ribbon.  In the Data section of the View ribbon, click the Filter pick list and select the Milestones filter.  This action will display only milestones.  In the Split View section of the View ribbon, select the Timeline checkbox to display a split view with the Gantt Chart view in the bottom pane and the Timeline view in the top pane.  In the Gantt Chart pane, select one or more milestone tasks, then right-click on one of the selected tasks and select the Add to Timeline item on the shortcut menu.  Continue adding milestones to your timeline view until it displays the information you want to show.  Does that help?  Let us know.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by my_drive Friday, June 23, 2017 3:16 AM
    Sunday, June 18, 2017 5:44 PM

All replies

• my_drive --

Sure.  Apply the Gantt Chart view and then display the View ribbon.  In the Data section of the View ribbon, click the Filter pick list and select the Milestones filter.  This action will display only milestones.  In the Split View section of the View ribbon, select the Timeline checkbox to display a split view with the Gantt Chart view in the bottom pane and the Timeline view in the top pane.  In the Gantt Chart pane, select one or more milestone tasks, then right-click on one of the selected tasks and select the Add to Timeline item on the shortcut menu.  Continue adding milestones to your timeline view until it displays the information you want to show.  Does that help?  Let us know.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by my_drive Friday, June 23, 2017 3:16 AM
    Sunday, June 18, 2017 5:44 PM
  • Thanks, I see how I can view the timeline.  And have the milestones on it.

Is there a way to include the timeline on a report?

I see I can right click on it and copy.  But is there a way to include on a report?

thanks

Sunday, June 18, 2017 7:17 PM
  • My_drive --

To include the Timeline view in a report, you will need to use copy and paste.  That's the only way to do this currently.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, June 19, 2017 7:15 PM