PerformancePoint Decomposition Tree and SharePoint Filters RRS feed

• Question

• I am having trouble with a PerformancePoint page in SharePoint.   Basically the decomposition tree does not work by right-clicking on a scorecard if the scorecard is connected to a SharePoint filter. 

To duplicate, use the Choice SharePoint filter and connect it to a scorecard.  Works fine.  Then right-click and bring up the decomposition tree.  You get an error on the tree page saying the parameter hierarchyName cannot be null.

We actually have our own filters written in C# using ITransformableFilterValues the bahaviour is the same with the out of the box SharePoint Choice control.

Friday, July 16, 2010 5:06 PM

Answers

• Rich Carickhoff,

This is currently a known issue and is being investigated to determine how best to fix it.

Thanks,
    Jon Thomas

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:05 PM
  • Hello,

This issue has been fixed and will be in the upcoming Service Pack 1 for SharePoint 2010, which is due out later this year.

Thanks

Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:35 PM

All replies

• Rich Carickhoff,

This is currently a known issue and is being investigated to determine how best to fix it.

Thanks,
    Jon Thomas

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:05 PM
  • Hello,

This issue has been fixed and will be in the upcoming Service Pack 1 for SharePoint 2010, which is due out later this year.

Thanks

Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:35 PM
  • Hi,

I am facing a problem in decoposition tree.

We all know that we can change the node value in a grid format by just clicking on the particular node.

while doing that it was taking too much of time and finally resulting in a error page which says that "An unexpected error occured"

I dont know how to solve this out.

please help me out to resolve this problem.

Thanks and Regards

Sudipta Ghosh

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:45 PM