MDT Task Sequence Freezes During Application Install RRS feed

• Question

• I have a about 50 applications that are available to install during the task sequence.  Some are listed in the TS and and always install and some are chosen by the technician based on user.  I have seen a few of these applications that seem to "freeze" when installing during the MDT task sequence.  No matter how long I let it sit, the TS will not progress past the application until I move the mouse and then the app install finishes and the TS resumes.
    These are all fully unattended installs that run fine outside of the TS.
    Has anyone ever seen this before?
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:21 PM

Answers

• As Tim replied in another thread (I think he meant to reply to this thread), some applications will seem like it is 'stalled' until you move the mouse around, then the install will continue.

I have seen this issue in my own testing and could not find the root cause of the problem, but I'm thinking it maybe due to the installer itself being launched by bddrun.

My workaround was to create an AutoIt script that launches the unattended install, then script the mouse to move every few seconds until the installation is done.

-Brian
    • Marked as answer by Tim Mintner Wednesday, January 13, 2010 12:26 AM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:28 PM

All replies

• As Tim replied in another thread (I think he meant to reply to this thread), some applications will seem like it is 'stalled' until you move the mouse around, then the install will continue.

I have seen this issue in my own testing and could not find the root cause of the problem, but I'm thinking it maybe due to the installer itself being launched by bddrun.

My workaround was to create an AutoIt script that launches the unattended install, then script the mouse to move every few seconds until the installation is done.

-Brian
    • Marked as answer by Tim Mintner Wednesday, January 13, 2010 12:26 AM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:28 PM
  • Did you Find a solution for this issue?

Friday, July 29, 2011 11:50 PM