Microsoft wireless Deskset + windows vista RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a new computer, a quad core asus p5nd 2.5 ghz running windows home premium vista 64

4 gb ram 500 seagate sata hard drive.  I am trying to install the hardware ware for a microsoft  desktop set 4000

I downloaded the recommended program for the 64 bit and when I try to instal it I get an error message that says insufficient disk space or other unknown error.  I have done a number of things to try to get it installed.  including updating bio's trying to install in safe mode etc.  I recently checked my errors and I noticed that I was getting a error 1101 when trying to instal it and there was an old article that pointed to a solution for windows 98 and millenium and a previous version of intellitype.  It said that the msi file in the intellitype solftware application did not match the one in the computer systems file.  Could this be what is wrong when I try to instal it.  And if so how do I correct it.

Sunday, July 20, 2008 7:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, it may be a Windows Installer issue, let’s try to take the following steps to troubleshoot this issue.

Step 1: Clean Windows temp files

============================================

1. Click Start, Type %temp% in Search Bar and then press Enter:

2. The Temp folder for the currently logged-on user displays.

3. In most cases, you can safely delete the contents. If you are not sure, then copy any files or folders to a different location. To delete the contents, click the Edit menu, and then click Select All.

4. Press Delete, and then click Yes if prompted to confirm.

Step 2: Unregister/ reregister Windows Installer

======================================

1. Click Start. In the Start Search dialog box, type: cmd, and right-click cmd.

2. Click Run as administrator.

3. Please run following commands one by one.

msiexec /unreg

msiexec /regserver

Then, try to verify the Windows Installer service.

Step 3: Check the Windows Installer service

1. Click "Start", input "services.msc" (without quotation marks) to Start Search bar and press "Enter".

2. Double click the “Windows Installer” service.

3. Please try to stop and start the service.

If you receive any error message when trying to check Windows Installer service, please let me know.

At last, please try to install the Microsoft software again.

If the issue still persists, it is recommended that you post the issue in Microsoft Hardware Products Discussions Group. They mainly focus on Microsoft Hardware Products question and problem.

Discussions in Microsoft Hardware Products

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mshardware.product

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is so you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 8:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, it may be a Windows Installer issue, let’s try to take the following steps to troubleshoot this issue.

Step 1: Clean Windows temp files

============================================

1. Click Start, Type %temp% in Search Bar and then press Enter:

2. The Temp folder for the currently logged-on user displays.

3. In most cases, you can safely delete the contents. If you are not sure, then copy any files or folders to a different location. To delete the contents, click the Edit menu, and then click Select All.

4. Press Delete, and then click Yes if prompted to confirm.

Step 2: Unregister/ reregister Windows Installer

1. Click Start. In the Start Search dialog box, type: cmd, and right-click cmd.

2. Click Run as administrator.

3. Please run following commands one by one.

msiexec /unreg

msiexec /regserver

Then, try to verify the Windows Installer service.

Step 3: Check the Windows Installer service

1. Click "Start", input "services.msc" (without quotation marks) to Start Search bar and press "Enter".

2. Double click the “Windows Installer” service.

3. Please try to stop and start the service.

If you receive any error message when trying to check Windows Installer service, please let me know.

At last, please try to install the Microsoft software again.

If the issue still persists, it is recommended that you post the issue in Microsoft Hardware Products Discussions Group. They mainly focus on Microsoft Hardware Products question and problem.

Discussions in Microsoft Hardware Products

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mshardware.product

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is so you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 8:00 AM
  • Hi, Thanks for the help and also directing me to the proper forum.  Unfortunately what you suggested didn't work,  I will see if the other forum can help me solve this.  Thanks so much for your help.

Rae

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 4:58 PM