Consistent Crashing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I am really hoping you can help! Firstly on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being a toddler and 10 being Bill Gates and a 5 being your typical average computer user I might be a 5.5 to a 6. I have endeavoured to understand the terms of PC's and their components and did my best to delve into what my PC offers me for tools to repair or asses issues when they arise. I'm a quick study in most projects and endeavours but my generation are by no means the leaders in this realm.

Lately I have been having issues with my PC going to BSOD/blue and black screen and it typically happened when gaming. MY first thought was of course my GPU is failing. I have a couple upgrades in my computer one of which was the GTX650Ti Vid card and I believe I also added a beefier power supply a few years ago but please forgive me if I do not recall all upgrades and fixes I have done over the years as I used to simply take it into my local Computer repair shop and trust the guy to do what was needed to get me back up and running. Since then I have had more time with early retirement to educate myself somewhat and will continue to do so in the future.  So I am trying to resolve these issues and be more involved and savy about my equipment. I will paste my Performance Sheet here for you to view and understand my Rigs capabilities. I hope it does not look like a dogs breakfast when I hit enter.

Base score  Determined by lowest subscore 6.9

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz 6.9

Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB 7.1

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 7.2

Gaming graphics 4096 MB Total available graphics memory 7.2

Primary hard disk 96GB Free (223GB Total) 7.7

Windows 7 Home Premium

System

Manufacturer Gateway

Model DX4840

Total amount of system memory 6.00 GB RAM

System type 64-bit operating system

Number of processor cores 2

Storage

Total size of hard disk(s) 3018 GB

Disk partition (C:) 96 GB Free (223 GB Total)

Media drive (D:) CD/DVD

Disk partition (J:) 599 GB Free (932 GB Total)

Disk partition (K:) 456 GB Free (1863 GB Total)

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti

Total available graphics memory 4096 MB

Dedicated graphics memory 2048 MB

Dedicated system memory 0 MB

Shared system memory 2048 MB

Display adapter driver version 23.21.13.8813

Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080

DirectX version DirectX 11

Network

Network Adapter 802.11n Wireless LAN Card

Network Adapter ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Back to the topic of my tech issues. So the first thing I did was contact the gaming company in this case Standing Stone Games and filed a ticket. I then began research as it was only happening during certain game play which after reading up on it later found it was thought to be a coding issue and others were having issues since the most recent patch of the game with the same problem (Mordor update in LOTRO/ Large patch) and that basically crashing was happening because we were not able to dump info quick enough to allow space for our gaming to carry on without crashing. Hope this makes some sense. At any rate the devs contacted me and basically confirmed this for me after I sent them my PC's specs when they sent back a series of in game adjustments they wanted me to make to my graphics settings etc. Basically washing out my GPU to base settings and dialing back to DirectX9 from DX11 etc etc. I tried this and it seemed to work for awhile but it could have been coincidence of just having a lucky run of few days without issue. I also tried going back to the last driver known to work without issue with my GTX card which was from around Oct/17. I also made sure that there was nothing running in the background and stopped all programs running on start up that were not essential programs. 

I realize the biggest weak-spot of my PC is my CPU and that it's probably time to upgrade my RAM to a newer processor and am considering doing so although I am not a techy I will do the research if I go this route. My problem is the crashing continues and because I can not pin down the problem because now it crashes randomly and not always just when gaming (however predominantly when gaming or taxing the vid card it seems) I am really unsure and considering just buying a new gaming PC and tearing this one apart and using it as a learning piece to rebuild. Obviously the lesser expense option is the one I prefer. So I am going to paste an error message I have tried to retype the best I can to see if anyone can help me decode my problem and guide me to a solution. My apologies as this error message is not correct because a portion of it was cut off when I tried to copy it from my System Information screen. It was the only place I could find the info as I am a total chickensh*t to even think about trying the BIOS at this stage. Any help is very much appreciated!

WINDOWS ERROR REPORTING-

FAULT BUCKET 2531293251,TYPE 29
Event Name: WindowsWcpStoreCorruption
Response: Not Available
Cab Id:

Problem Signature:

(right here was where the screen cut off the message and I could NOT view the rest until it went down to the next line where t picked up with the following-) 6.1.7601
P2: MissingWinningCo

Thanks,

ICEBROOD

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 12:34 AM

All replies

• I found another similar issue on your site from years ago regarding a system crashing every 20 mins or so which was how my issue started out. On that thread they had a suggestion for a program that allows for viewing BSOD dump files so I DL'ed it and can attach those files if that helps. 

Thanks,

ICEBROOD

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 12:54 AM
  • Hi,

>>"Lately I have been having issues with my PC going to BSOD/blue and black screen and it typically happened when gaming."

This issue is more related to windows OS .

And , analyzing dump file is out of the scope in forum , I'd suggest you check the following article to debug the dump by your self :

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ndis/2006/10/26/troubleshoot-a-windows-bluescreen-a-k-a-bugcheck-a-k-a-blue-screen-of-death/

Hope it is useful to you .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 7:33 AM