none
Outlook 2016 Duplicate Contact and Email Remover

Question

• I am using Outlook 2016 for 1 year. I have 30000+ emails and 200+ contacts in my Outlook 2016. Actually, the problem is that there are multiple duplicate copies of emails and contacts. 

Due to this, the size of PST files is increasing. Moreover, I am aware of the manual technique, but unfortunately, it won't work here. I need to delete all the duplicate Outlook emails one after another. so, I would like to put forth my request to all tech-savvy persons here, so that I can get a reliable and proper solution to remove Duplicate contacts and emails from Outlook 2016.

Problem: Duplicate emails and contacts in Outlook 2016

Subject: Want a Quick solution to remove Outlook 2016 duplicate emails and contacts.

Reason: Why is Outlook creating duplicate emails?

Thanks & Regards,
    Aisha Winget

Friday, November 10, 2017 11:40 AM

Answers

• Hello,

First of all, I would like to tell you Why is Outlook creating duplicate emails? Please find the reasons below:

Many things can cause Outlook items to duplicate, but the most common reasons are discussed below:

1. An email on the server is corrupt, and thus generates duplicates when MS Outlook starts its Send/Receive process.
    2. If the ‘Leave Messages on the Server’ option is enabled, then it may result in duplicate copies of emails being created.
    3. Synchronizing Microsoft Outlook with other applications/devices (Phones, PDAs, etc.)
    4. If you have more than one alias defined for the same email account in your Microsoft Outlook profile, you will receive the same email on each alias (you will see as many duplicates as you have aliases)
    5. If you are having network or server problems, or your computer is really slow, then at one time or another you will surely come across duplicate emails.

For more info, please visit the link: https://msoutlookworld.blogspot.com/2016/06/how-to-remove-duplicate-emails-in-outlook.html

Now, Come to the proper and best solution to remove duplicate emails and contacts from Outlook 2016.

The best solution to delete duplicate Outlook 2016 contacts and emails is Outlook Duplicate Remover Tool. This utility is capable to eliminate duplicates emails, contacts, and other Outlook 2016 items. The tool works for all the version of Microsoft Outlook.

Thanks & Regards,
    Clark Kent 

• Marked as answer by AISHA WINGET Monday, November 13, 2017 4:20 AM
    Friday, November 10, 2017 3:13 PM

All replies

• Just google for Outlook duplicates remover tool.

Exchange and Outlook utilities at
    http://www.ivasoft.com

Friday, November 10, 2017 12:59 PM
  • Outlook can create duplicates for many reasons: sync issues, POP3 download issues, server issues, copy-paste operations, double-importing items, etc...

The good news is that free Remove Duplicate Messages and Remove Duplicate Contacts tools available that can eliminate your dupes.

Alexey Kuznetsov, Outlook MVP
    Relief Software
    More than 130 free add-ins for Outlook

Friday, November 10, 2017 3:09 PM
  • Hello,

First of all, I would like to tell you Why is Outlook creating duplicate emails? Please find the reasons below:

Many things can cause Outlook items to duplicate, but the most common reasons are discussed below:

1. An email on the server is corrupt, and thus generates duplicates when MS Outlook starts its Send/Receive process.
    2. If the ‘Leave Messages on the Server’ option is enabled, then it may result in duplicate copies of emails being created.
    3. Synchronizing Microsoft Outlook with other applications/devices (Phones, PDAs, etc.)
    4. If you have more than one alias defined for the same email account in your Microsoft Outlook profile, you will receive the same email on each alias (you will see as many duplicates as you have aliases)
    5. If you are having network or server problems, or your computer is really slow, then at one time or another you will surely come across duplicate emails.

For more info, please visit the link: https://msoutlookworld.blogspot.com/2016/06/how-to-remove-duplicate-emails-in-outlook.html

Now, Come to the proper and best solution to remove duplicate emails and contacts from Outlook 2016.

The best solution to delete duplicate Outlook 2016 contacts and emails is Outlook Duplicate Remover Tool. This utility is capable to eliminate duplicates emails, contacts, and other Outlook 2016 items. The tool works for all the version of Microsoft Outlook.

Thanks & Regards,
    Clark Kent 

• Marked as answer by AISHA WINGET Monday, November 13, 2017 4:20 AM
    Friday, November 10, 2017 3:13 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks & Regards,
    Clark Kent 

Thank you so much Clark Kent for explaining the issue with reasons and solution. I followed the links as you suggested in your answer. Finally, I purchased Outlook Duplicate Remover tool (suggested by you) because I have already tried manual solution for duplicate contacts, emails, etc.

Monday, November 13, 2017 4:27 AM
  • There can be multiple reasons for duplicates emails and contacts in Outlook. You can check the below reasons and solutions:

Reasons:
    1. Incorrectly configured Rules
    2. Incorrectly configured Rules
    3. Incorrect Account Setup
    4. Incorrect Setting of Outlook Mailbox

You can resolve this issues by running Inbox Clean up or using third party software like Stellar Outlook Duplicate Remover. Check the below article for more details. 

Article

Monday, November 13, 2017 5:02 AM
  • Hi Aisha,

As you have tried all the manual solution to remove duplicate emails, contacts from Outlook 2016 but no luck. So, I would like to suggest you use SysTools Outlook Duplicate Remover to delete Outlook duplicate items. Please visit the links and clean up duplicate emails and contacts.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/outlook-duplicate-contacts-d7294eeb
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Outlook-Duplicate-Remover-5be9e35d

Thanks & Regards

Kelvin Howard

Monday, November 13, 2017 5:19 AM