Internet Explorer 9 Icon doesn't stack in taskbar RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding the issue, I just want to know whether this problem occurs on another program?

As a test, please unpin this icon then go to C:\program files (x86)\internet explorer then pin iexplore.exe on taskbar again. Then open IE 9 through the icon on taskbar.

Then let me know the result. If the issue persists, please take a screenshot for “another IE-icon”, then post it here.

How to capture a screenshot

======================

1. Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2. Click "Start", type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit", click "Paste". Then click the "File" menu, and select "Save".

4. The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

5. Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click "Desktop" on the left pane and then click "Save".

6.Use Insert/Edit Image function to post the picture here.

Hope that helps

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:18 AM
  • Hi Zhen Tan,

problem seems only occur with IE. Here is the screenshot. As you can see... Word and Wordpad-icons stack correctly.

Thanks, Thilo

• Edited by ThiloL Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:55 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:53 AM
  • Hi,

I could see this picture, but what I want is to check whether this IE windows is opened from the icon on your task bar. Sorry I didn’t descripted that clearly.  In order to collect the information in detail. I recommend that you may use Problem Steps Recorder (PSR) to record the detail step of your action.

How to use Windows 7 Screencast - Problem Steps Recorder (PSR)

Thanks for understanding.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 12:04 PM
  • Of course I opened the IE from the taskbar. PSR doesn't show you really helpful informations...

Steps:

1. remove all IE-shortcuts in the startmenu, unpin IE from startmenu or/and taskbar

2. navigate in windows explorer to c:\program files (x86)\internet explorer

3. right click on iexplore.exe and click pin to taskbar

4. click the new pinned IE icpon in the taskbar.... it shows a second icon...

Monday, November 21, 2011 10:49 AM
  • I would consider that it is caused by another application.

What third party applications have you installed? Browser toolbars, desktop "enhancers", file explorer tools, desktop visual mods?

What is the white space in the notification area?

Enable the guest account or create another user account and test the IE9 icon behavior in that account.

Monday, November 21, 2011 12:50 PM
  • It's a very clean machine. Fresh installed. Only Citrix, Adobe Reader and McAfee are there. Not more. The machine is domain-joined and %appdata% is redirected to a UNC path.

@White space: I removed some personal data from the screenshot.

I already tested with a new created local account. Same problem.

• Edited by ThiloL Monday, November 21, 2011 1:06 PM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 1:04 PM