Deploying Internet based SUP in existing environment RRS feed

• Question

• Not having an issue, but I didn't want to start down a path until I was more clear on a strategy.

My environment:

CAS

Primary 1 (3 SUPs, 3 MPs, 4 DPs, all roles on different servers)

Primary 2 (3 SUPs, 3 MPs, 2 DPs, all roles on different servers)

I recently added 2 servers which will be in our perimeter network.  These will have the MP/SUP/DP roles.  All roles are set to use HTTP/Intranet only, except for my two perimeter servers which are HTTPS/Internet Only.

The SUPs in each primary share a DB (recommended for performance).  All currently use HTTP/8530.  3 databases total (CAS, PR1, PR2)

Question is:  For my perimeter servers in a SUP role using HTTPS/8531, can I use the existing shared DB?  Or will I have to configure it as a standalone downstream SUP with a local DB?  I just want to make sure that an upstream server with HTTP will work with a downstream server using HTTPS.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 2:15 PM

All replies

• I know this is very old post, let me know if the issue is resolved or still exist, we can help here you on this

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, July 28, 2016 11:53 AM